Terry squares on newborns?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Terry squares on newborns?

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 am

:panic: I was trying to get all my nappies folded and on the shelves when I tried to fold my terry squares in a Jo fold which I have always used before (but never on a NB) and realised it is huge :panic: :panic: I need to go an have another go and see if folding the sides in further will help or if I'm now down another 6 nappies :panic:

Did you use terry squares (normal size 60x60 I think) on a NB?
What fold did you use and did you find them really chunky?

Help or I'm going to really have to cut and :sewing: a heap more fitteds like yesterday :hiding: !!!

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Terry squares on newborns?

Postby emmavmorgan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:47 am

Stop panicking :giggle: from what I remember fold both sides to the centre then do the normal jo fold :-? :-? :-? It's been 5 years and 358 days since I put a terry on a newborn so it's a little hazy :giggle: the other fold you can do is the triangle fold in half to a triangle and then again???? You can do it I only had one size of terry ever and Tom wore them until he was 36months :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:28 am

emmavmorgan wrote:Stop panicking :giggle:

:giggle: :giggle: I'm feeling a bit that way ATM :giggle: :giggle:

emmavmorgan wrote:You can do it I only had one size of terry ever and Tom wore them until he was 36months :giggle:
That makes me feel better - thank you! I'll go and have a play.

Maybe I'll just stay in the hospital for a week and use their nappies so I dont' have to think about it :giggle:

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:37 am

IME 60 cm were too big on leon and he was 9 lb 4, the 40 m were too Small! So I didn't bother but used 50cm I Think?? For izzy. Could you trim Them?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:41 am

littlesez wrote:IME 60 cm were too big on leon and he was 9 lb 4, the 40 m were too Small! So I didn't bother but used 50cm I Think?? For izzy. Could you trim Them?

I could trim them but they were great on Louis later so don’t really want to ruin them for later! I'm presuming my Bright Bots are 60cm? I think I just need to make some more NB ones!!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:13 am

I only used terries on the youngest two. The only ones I used were newborn ones (40cm I think?), anything else would have drowned them both! :lol: (but I don't do big babies, they were both just under 7lb!)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:28 am

Louise wrote:I only used terries on the youngest two. The only ones I used were newborn ones (40cm I think?), anything else would have drowned them both! :lol: (but I don't do big babies, they were both just under 7lb!)

Lou, how did you fold them @Louise ?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 am

clothmama wrote:
Louise wrote:I only used terries on the youngest two. The only ones I used were newborn ones (40cm I think?), anything else would have drowned them both! :lol: (but I don't do big babies, they were both just under 7lb!)

Lou, how did you fold them @Louise ?

The girls or Chinese fold IIRC.

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:07 pm

60cm terries fitted Jacob newborn, but he was bit of a chunk :giggle: :giggle:

That said, years ago you only got the one size.
Can't you double over the middle leaves on a jo-fold to make the square smaller?

i used a bat fold (is that also called Chinese??) right from the start, and that's how I have pre-folded all my muslins

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds