Prefold for Nurseries

My avatar
ka_ka
Clothie
Clothie

Prefold for Nurseries

Postby ka_ka » Mon May 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi,
I'm new to the forum, but I've been using cloth for well over a year. I have used all types of nappy. I've been sending my daughter (Lola - 19moths) in pockets to nursery. They lost a Blueberry side snape nappy last week (they've lost others in the past) and I'm not too impressed. I was thinking of sending her in prefolds and a little lambs wrap. They have used bamboozles with success so they understand how 2 parters work.
Does anyone send prefolds to nursery? Do you think they will be able to use them? I'd be happier if they lost a prefold than a pocket nappy!
Karen

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Prefold for Nurseries

Postby flutterby » Mon May 18, 2009 4:52 pm

TBH I'd just do it, and tell em tough, if they are gonna keep losing your nappies, you have everyright to sent the cheapest ones you have, they will have to work it out won't they, and anyway it's not rocket science now is it!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Mon May 18, 2009 5:02 pm

i would tell em tough too. :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 18, 2009 7:09 pm

For a start I'd be making them pay for the lost nappies (I made Isabelle's nursery pay for the second sunhat they lost after I'd only just bought a new one as they lost our favourite one! And that was only a few quid... Bludberries are rather a lot more!)

Do you think if you told them how much a brand new blueberry costs to replace they'd be a bit more careful?

I wouldn't go for prefolds as I don't like them - I find them unreliable and not absorbent enough so they'd need to be changing every 1.5-2hrs!

Have you spoken to the nursery manager?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon May 18, 2009 7:16 pm

I don't know, I would be inclined to agree with Steph, many people don't get on with prefolds as they are not as reliable and have a tendancy to leak.

I send Coolababy pockets to nursery (cost me £40 for 8 including inserts on ebay) as I would hate for them to lose or ruin one of my precious nappies - they do have a tendancy to slap on the cream :roll: but they haven't yet lost a nappy even since I started sending Charlotte.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Harriets nursery used them when she first started but they could never get them right and we got loads of leaks :roll: . I'd speak to the nursery manager about the missing blueberry and also maybe send some less expensive pockets instead :-?

My avatar
ka_ka
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ka_ka » Mon May 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I know the nursery manager (I was the deputy there before mat leave) and have recieved money for the tot's they lost. The trouble with pockets is that I don't have enough plain/old one to send and it is for just one day. I thought that loosing the other ones that they would be more careful but obviously not! I have the prefolds and I don't really have the money to restock on old/plain pockets at the moment. I have had Lola in prefolds today (to trial them) and they have been fine for at least 3 hours if not more. I will discuss the BB nappy this week.

Thanks again
Karen

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:28 pm

I had a similar problem when DD was in BG's and so i sent her in prefolds and wraps, i trifolded each nappy ready for them to use and put the fleece liners so they literally just had to take the nappy out the bag and lay it in the wrap...i nippa prefolds at home but i didnt want to let them loose with the nippa if they didnt know how to use them!! :lol:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:03 am

Just an idea but I made Microfleece socks for my old BM prefolds to make then easier for non cloth users to use. I Just copied BG socks I bought one off here preloved. They seem to last us 3 hours and the sock works as the liner as well.

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds