hf1

Thirstie, Weehugger and Flip comparison

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Thirstie, Weehugger and Flip comparison

Postby Sally » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:27 pm

A few people asked about wraps for prefolds, I have 3 weehuggers,4 thirsties and 1 flip that I'm using so here is a quick comparison for anyone who might find it useful. Apologies for small pics if you click on them they will go bigger no idea how to resize etc :oops:
Honey is a medium to heavy day wetter and we use these all day sometimes at night, with no problems changes from 2-3 hours.

L-R flip, weehugger, Thirstie, this is the inside view of them ready to be used,
This is after they have been closed and reopened as you can see the thirstie needs readjusting as it doesn't have the flaps to hold the pad.
This is the front view all medium rise setting all stuffed with either a bamboo velour pad folded insert or bamboo fleece or a Thirstie hemp pre-fold.
back view. I'd say a thirstie has a higher rise and is wider than the flip and weehugger. The weehugger is the slimmest between the legs but also lowest rise so the trimmest option IMO, The flip is quite wide and also has a good rise.

Thirstie,

Prints are fab nice and soft leg bindings and outer material the prints feel softer than the solids dries very quickly seems to be wickproof and roomy enough for fitteds or traditional prefolds. RRP £8.75

Flip
Only comes in solids is not as soft as the others is more plasticy feeling, but fast drying and roomy enough for different types of prefold. RRP not sure as this was preloved

Weehugger,

Very soft outer and leg bindings the flaps are also cotton so everything that touches the skin is soft, the softest out of the 3.
quite a trim fit so best used with a modern prefold like a eco earth bamboo velour or thirsties hemp or the weehugger inserts takes longer to dry than the other two. RRP £13.50 ish

Overall
Flip is great and perfect easy to use fast to dry but not something I would choose to buy new as I think the Thirstie is a great alternative for a softer outer and better price range. Weehugger is fabulous but you would need a few more if you were using full time to compensate for the slightly longer drying time which isn't long but a few hours longer than a Thirstie but for me a mix of weehuggers and Thirsties work great I'd buy more weehuggers if they weren't so hard to get hold of :roll: but would still buy Thirsties too especially if they bring more prints out :giggle:

HTH and hope I've put it in the right place :-?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Thirstie, Weehugger and Flip comparison

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:19 pm

Cheers that's fab :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Fab post!! :)

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:18 pm

That's really helpful - thanks. Actually have a preloved weehugger and a thirsties winging their way to me so i'm excited to see how they compare with my flips.

My avatar
scubelle
Clothie
Clothie

Postby scubelle » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Was just wondering about this and which one to buy - thank you!

My avatar
Pabboo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Pabboo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:16 am

Oh my, you may just be a goddess - I am trawling the net this morning trying to decide on a AI2 system and here you a comparing my top choices! You angel!

I have a Flip. Think it is boring, so am veering away from more of the same. Have one weehugger, but yet to try it out. Did not realise thirsties were an option, so am going to nab a few of them too. I am also thinking of a GroVia or two, but they are REALLY pricey!

Can you chop and change inserts freely between these nappies? FLip stay dry are cheapest, then weehuggers organic, then Flip organics, finally GroVia soakers. Similarily, when we are away, flip disposable inserts and cheaper than GroVia, but will they fit all the other outers?

Finally, and I will stop doing my Spanish Inquisition impression, which do you think take up less room in a changing bag?! I used to use Ittis, but am hoping to sell them all (all14 of them!) to fund my new nappies, but the main problem I found with Ittis is the space they take up in the bag, so my main purpose of moving to this system is so that we have more portability.

Hope you don't mind the cross questioning. Thrilled to find your post!

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 am

To answer some of your questions, yes I frequently chop and change between the inserts. I have all three of the wraps under discussion and I just use whatever insert or prefold happens to be on top of the pile. My current favs are the flip organic inserts or the thirsties prefolds which are just fantastic. But I also have plain old bummis and bambino mio prefolds as well which work fine with all three wraps. I haven't used GroVia though so I can't comment there.

In terms of the room they take up, thirsties prefolds are very trim indeed.I find that the flip covers squash up very small too.

HTH!

My avatar
babytoo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby babytoo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Can I ask what inserts you are using on the various wraps? Love the colours!

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:06 pm

my favorite insert is a thristie prefold by far the trimmest, I also use homemade bamboo fleece/velour ones or eco earth bamboo velour prefolds they are a similar size to a flip organic insert if you have seen those.
The colorful bit you can see is a homemade minkee liner but my homemade pre folds are all LWI from lush tush or Luscious little somethings as can't stand staining on white inserts :giggle: you can buy minkee to make into liners from both those sellers all so.
hth,

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds