hf1

I love prefolds!

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

I love prefolds!

Postby ImisMummy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:08 am

As some of you have seen me post, Imi had terrible nappy rash from her mini lalas.

Last night was her fist time in prefold and this morning she got up and NO NAPPY RASH!

I am now converted fully to prefolds (which is a good job as I have 40 :oops: )

Why did no one tell me about how amazing prefold are sooner? :evil:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: I love prefolds!

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:15 am

Prefolds are like marmite...you either love them or hate them! :giggle:

I loved prefolds on Megan and Kieren but they were both much bigger than Darcie is at her age and had chubbier legs so we got on great with them...Darcie is the first of mine to be in cloth since birth and im yet to find the prefold love with her...but i know it will come, the last week or so we have been using green edged prefolds tri folded in wraps and we are getting on better with them :)

They are cheap, easy to wash/dry and versatile! :thumbsup:

ETA, YAY for finding something that works!! :mrgreen:

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:50 am

Is there anywhere that sells "pretty" prefold? I only have boring white!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:53 am

Of course!! :giggle:

OWW (owewhoawhen) sell pretty OBV prefolds~
http://hyenacart.com/stores/OweWhoaWhen/

I think Ems at puddlekins makes them too?

Caroline at peachy tots stocks thirsties prefolds...they are hemp jersy and not 'pretty' as they are plain white but they are meant to be alot more absorbant that cotton ones :)

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:57 am

If you have a sewing machine they are super easy to run up, a few of us have made some using online tutorials.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 am

megansmummy wrote:Of course!! :giggle:

And the co-op will hopefully be opening later on today :wink: :lol:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:20 am

Louise wrote:
megansmummy wrote:Of course!! :giggle:

And the co-op will hopefully be opening later on today :wink: :lol:

jolly good timing then :giggle:

My avatar
zelo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby zelo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Yes I love prefolds too! My LO is 1 month old today and we have been using them since the first few wobbly days after the birth when we used disposables. I did a lot of research during pregnancy, marveled at all the clever nappy systems and didn't even know about prefolds until I was given some preloved goodies. I got some Motherease and One life and bamboo tots bots and also a pile of prefolds. To be honest I wasn't impressed with them and got the pile ready for our homebirth, thinking we will use them as rugs. However, OH being in charge of these things, the prefolds didn't get touched and instead our fine towels got the hit:)

When I tried the shaped nappies on my LO I didn't get on with them. Ridiculously bulky and the poppers seemed in wrong places. (Btw, I have since concluded I hate poppers!!!) They would also take ages to dry and I noticed they stained easily. I tried the prefolds instead with some newborn bambino mio wraps and they worked brilliantly. Even better when I mastered the newspaper fold that I found on this forum. Now I have also started to use more fleece liners and of those less paper ones and I am loving this nappy system. The prefolds are versatile, dry quickly and don't make my son looking pear-shaped. Now, the whole birth to potty concept seems a waste of time to me. I have one tots bot in small size and with velcro tabs and like that too but not as much as the prefolds.

I will probably keep the shaped nappies in case their time comes later when my LO is bigger and mobile but for now it's prefolds all the way for us.

My avatar
obsessed13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby obsessed13 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi :wave:
I'm so pleased to find somebody else who has preferred flats to fitteds, my son is 7 weeks now and I use terries and prefolds and love them. I love the simplicity of them, so easy to wash etc. Didn't think I'd like prefolds at all but someone gave me some newborn bummis to try and I love them, I do nippa them though. Curious to know what you do? What's the newspaper fold? I'll go look it up! :yahoo:

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds