hf1

My first topic here, looking for advice

My avatar
pamela722
Clothie
Clothie

My first topic here, looking for advice

Postby pamela722 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:35 am

I plan on using prefolds and flats at the newborn stage and am looking at the me riki wraps. Should i get xs or small for a newborn? My babies average about 7.5 lbs at birth and since I am short so are my babies, usually around the 25 percentile or less for height. Not sure if any of that helps but i want to get newborn stage right before baby arrives.

Thanks so much!

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: My first topic here, looking for advice

Postby justme123 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:43 am

I think I would go for xs. My LO was 8'10 and didn't go into the smalls for a couple of weeks :-)

My avatar
pamela722
Clothie
Clothie

Postby pamela722 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:47 am

Thank you for that. I have btp nappies for next stage that start at 7 lbs but look quite bulky in newborn size.

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:51 am

Max has only just outgrown his xs rikki and airflow wraps and he's 8 weeks old today. In fact I think the airflows still fit him well. He was 7.11 at birth but dropped to 6.15 so it gives you an idea of how long they can last. (And my babies are quite long! )

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Definately extra small. They last longer than you would think & you can sell them on quite easily.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Hiya :wave:

I think I used xs for a little while over muslins and prefolds. I had some standard size terries which were too bulky for the xs, so I used small. Have you got newborn terries?
I would recommend the thirsties duo wrap size 1 they fitted at the same stage as xs and small and I think they re a similar price. Def my fav :wink:

Good luck

My avatar
pamela722
Clothie
Clothie

Postby pamela722 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Well, thanks to Angie, I'll be getting some xs Rikki's

I've got a mix of things including prefolds to use in them. I've also just made some booster type flat from receiving blankets and thin terry sheets no longer being used.

Thanks so much for all the advice.

I am looking at the Thristies too

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds