hf1

Bummis question

My avatar
Solstice_3
Clothie
Clothie

Bummis question

Postby Solstice_3 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:54 pm

I bought a pack of bummis thinking you just fold them in thirds and put them inside a wrap but after reading some of the threads here am wondering if I am right or wrong.

Should I be using them as a prefold inside a wrap or can I just fold them in thirds and put them inside, and what is the best method? I have a 5w3d old. I don't have any pins or nappy nipper things at the moment either.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Bummis question

Postby BingBongBoo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:12 pm

Yep, you're fine to just tri fold the prefold and pop it inside the wrap. My LO is 12 weeks old now and we've been doing this since birth very sucessfully. What kinds of wraps are you using? I've found Thirsties Duo are the best for dealing with poo explosions!

You can also use a nappy nippa to fold the prefold around your baby before putting on the wrap (or even use wool longies if you prefer). Some people also use prefolds to stuff pocket nappies. Prefolds are very versitile so it's just a case of finding out what suits you and your LO. :D

My avatar
Solstice_3
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Solstice_3 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:22 pm

For wraps I have 1x smartfit, 1x flip, 1 xtotsbots flexi, 1 x Gen Y Classic and 2 x Universal. So far only used them around my stretchie so not sure how good they are for just putting prefolds in.

Will have a play around and maybe get some nappy nippas.

My avatar
obsessed13
Clothie
Clothie

Postby obsessed13 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi :wave:

I have some bummis prefolds and love them, they wash and dry so nicely. I have now bought the next size up as I like them so much. I don't very often hear good things about prefolds and I think it's because they are not considered brilliant for containment, I have only ever nippa'd them, afterwards I just roll the edges in round the thighs, I find this pretty good even for the massive bf poos that my ten week old does! Also think they are quite slim like this and all the thickness is at the front this way where they need it. Hope you are getting on well with them. :D

My avatar
Solstice_3
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Solstice_3 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Trying one as we speak just folded in a flip wrap. Not got any nippas yet but might get a few just for curiosity's sake not sure I could get DH or Grandma to do the more complicated seeming folds but I could give it a go. I have my Smartipants for them to use anyway :)

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds