hf1

Best fold for a newborn

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Best fold for a newborn

Postby emsy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:02 pm

Im determined to get this right this time and use all these teeny terrys for more than just changing mats
what's the best fold for a newborn im better off learning :widesmile:

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Best fold for a newborn

Postby justme123 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:06 pm

For a boy I loved the Jo Fold (I think it was called that). Fold all the corners into the middle to make a smaller square, then fold into three and fan at the back to pin. Super absorbant where you need it :wink:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:35 pm

I just tri fold and pop in a wrap

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:28 pm

We used muslins when ds was really small, and folded them into a triangle, then again. The sides got folded down between his legs as a kind of booster (and an extra booster put under too when he was a bit older) With the thighs rolled in it was really good at holding bf poo :D After he was too big for this we did the ?origami/chinese fold? Don't remember the exact name, but looks really tidy and like sumo pants! Now we use a jo fold and it's really good. Hope you find something that works for you!

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:58 am

I liked chinese fold, now I prefer the neat fold.

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 am

Kirstyh wrote:I just tri fold and pop in a wrap

does the poo not leak everywhere? We are struggling to contain it in any of our fitteds, I would imagind it would just run off the sides of a trifold?? :?

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:20 am

On a newborn I could never get a terry to fit! But at the moment, we like the kite fold, but I only know a few. With Muslins we used the jo fold and it was fab!

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 am

I used the Chinese fold (also called origami fold) when dd was tiny. It gave a lot of absorbency through the middle but was still thin, and with rolled legs and folded waist it was great for bf poo containment!

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Twinkletoes wrote:I used the Chinese fold (also called origami fold) when dd was tiny. It gave a lot of absorbency through the middle but was still thin, and with rolled legs and folded waist it was great for bf poo containment!

Same here :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Terries Flats and Prefolds