hf1

DIY Fairy 2010 SIGN UP HERE!! AND PLEASE PM ME YOUR ADDRESS!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: DIY Fairy 2010 SIGN UP HERE!!

Postby ems » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:12 am

Your screename: Ems

Your name:
Emma

Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate):
Myself :)

Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child):Adult... most days ;)

Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make
(clothes, bags, aprons etc):
Sewing, quilting, dying, felting.. I'll make anything :)

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: mmmm surprise me!.... something girly, love art deco simplistic and feminine.. I'm quite blouse and shirt and skirt type.. :)

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 am

Your screename: Eviesmummy

Your name: Sadie

Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Me please :)

Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): Either/or - it doesnt matter :)

Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) I can knit and crochet, cant sew for toffee, Evie could probably bake better than I do :giggle:

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: I think Im quite easily pleased :wink:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:29 am

Your screename: winniewheresmypooh
Your name: Donna
Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Me please. But am happy to have childrens gifts if thats easier. Lucas will be 15months in June or Jonathan 4years. (actually he would love a fluffy gift)
Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): Don't mind.
Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc): I can only really knit (probably advanced level :-? but I don't like judging my own ability.) I would attempt sewing but the results would be pretty poor I'm afraid.
Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: I would love a perfect size portable bag for my knitting with pockets for needles, tape measure etc. Or even a small bag to hold a ball of wool. Needle roll, slippers/socks (size 5), changing bag (no change mat) I am very happy with anything useful or edible (No nuts) really. No dust gatherers please I.e candles or similar.

Any type of clothing if its for the kids but would like to be able to use all year round so not wooly hat/gloves type things. :wink:

Toys are also welcome.

Can't think of anything else for them but am happy for other stuff too.

I'd just love a suprise really but I'm not very imaginative when it comes to thinking of what I would like so this list is not exhaustive but just ideas.
Last edited by winniewheresmypooh on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: DIY Fairy 2010 SIGN UP HERE!! AND PLEASE PM ME YOUR ADDRESS!

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Your screename: autumnalgirl
Your name: Christi
Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Don't mind, would be nice to have something for any of us! :D
Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): Don't mind.
Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc): I can sew, intermediate, I can make a variety of bags, have tried some simple girls clothes, sleeping bags, taggie style comforters, pencil rolls etc Could probably make aprons, quilts etc. Can't really knit/rochet. Can bake.

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: I use CSP, love bags/wallets . Esme loves anything girly, would love to try a soakerless skirty on her (my mum has yet to brave circulars yet :giggle: ), she also loves bags. They all have millions of hats as my mum knits them a bit like I eat biscuits :oops: ! Aiden loves trains, diggers etc. Dyl likes whatever the others have. We have no food allergies, I prefer dark chocolate, the children don't mind. Not fond of flowery smellies, though like citrus smells. Fabrics, I like fairly simple prints, nothing too fussy. Like blues, purples, greens etc. Not too fondof reds, yellows and oranges, but depends on the context!

ETA: we all like surfy style clothes/prints
Last edited by autumnalgirl on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:53 pm

Your screename: MissFrodo

Your name: Esther

Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Emi, Isis and/or myself ;) Emi is almost 2,5 years and is normal sized, Isis almost 2 months, I'm 35 allready and I wear size small oh and my shoes are size 38 ;).

Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): Child but adult could get something too

Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make
(clothes, bags, aprons etc): Sewing mostly girly stuff and strange animals, jewelry, baking, I can knit but really beginners level.

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: I would love to have some cosy homesocks you know the warm and soft ones. For the rest no baby/girly bootees or shoes knitted or crochet please. Anything else will be fantastic.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Your screename: Scrunchkins

Your name: Allie

Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Me or the kids, me size 12ish, Dexter size 9-12 months, Harriet age 2-3 years

Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): Really don't mind

Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc): Knitting fairly advanced, sewing intermediate, baking zero skill :oops:

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: I love knitting and sewing, i'm quite girly but I don't really do pink at all for me, fine for Harriet though. I'm quite eclectic in my fabric tastes, I like large florals, small florals most things really except animal prints. I don't really need any knitting project bags or needle cases as I received these on a previous swap (thanks Steph :D ) but anything else would be lovely :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Your screename:
Velvetsteph

Your name:
Steph

Don't mind really...
I'm a size 12(ish between a 12 and 14 on the bottom) and 5ft6.5"
Grace is in age 12-18 clothing and wears Large nappies mainly
Isabelle is in age 4-5 clothing (5-6 tops fit well too as she's long bodied)

Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child):
Either

Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc):
Knitting: Basic, Sewing: intermediate, Baking: Intermediate, Crochet: Non existant. I could make a variety of things though sewing or baking are my best skills really.

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy:
Colours we don't like are Gold, peach and muddy/khaki green really - pretty much all others are good though if it's to wear neither I nor the girls suit dark blues.
We're not a BLING people but we ARE rainbow, bright, pastel, girly swirly hippy&funky people :)
We like bright colours and large funky prints on things but stick to plain or small prints on myself.
Japanese prints are a big fave here as are the D&G prints
cherry blossoms are sooooooo pretty!
Joel dewbury birds are soooo yummy too!
Don't like Amy Butler or Cath Kidston that style of thing isn't me
Isabelle insists that ALL skirts/dresses must 'twirl out' or she will not wear them :roll:

Allergy/intolerance/don't like:
Me:

Allergic: Cats, Peanuts, Dairy(dairy includes milk, butter/most-margarine, cheese and all derivatives - eggs are not dairy and are fine.)
Dislike: Coconut, Nuts, soya replacement products

Oh and although I'm sure no-one will be sending me a cat :giggle: I'm allergic to cats so if you have one please keep it away from whatever you make ;) thankyou!

Grace:
Strictly no Dairy or seafood please as she is allergic.

Isabelle:
No citrus please.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Your screename:
Woozle35

Your name:
Viki

Me, size 10. 5ft 2"

me

Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc):

Sewing basic/intermediate level, knitting below basic (I will not be knitting anything :giggle: ), good at making jewellrey, good at crafty items.

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy:
I would prefer something that I can use. I dont use csp. I would like a project bag or changing bag. (I will come back and update later)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:08 am

Your screename:
Northernruth

Your name:
Ruth

Me (size 12 ish) or Martha (who will be 3, and in 3-4 clothes). Slight preference for Martha, but I think it's probably easier to make practical things for Mummies, and I'm fine with that.

Either really, altho I made a little dress last time so wouldn't mind trying to make for a mummy :wink:

Sewing fairly advanced. I could make clothes for a little one or even a skirt for a mummy (altho difficult without trying on of course). Basic to intermediate knitting but I would have a go. Edited to add - I can actually knit well enough to make a cardie or dress for a kiddie, but longies might be a bridge too far :giggle: Can bake but would rather do something crafty. Would prefer to sew.

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: I don't like gothy type colours or real brights altho we do love a rainbow in this house :D . For Martha I really dislike bright magenta/ fuschia pinks or bright purples but we do like plummy subtle colours. Petrol blues, cornflower blues, lemon yellow, combined with white, do quite like raspberry pink or muted reds, sage greens, Cath Kidston type prints. I love navy and breton stripes, and anything vintage -y.

For Martha I prefer simple shapes, pinafores or dresses tend to be A line, trousers I go for the knickerbocker look :giggle: and we have an ongoing NEED for nice cardis (it's cold oop north!). Edited to add - MArtha would love a Mei Tai for a baby doll or teddy, Kerry did offer to make me one a while ago but I was paralysed with indecision about fabrices and then forgot about it :oops:

I could use a gardening apron, would like a needle wrap (straights), earrings would be fine (dangly but lightweight). I don't use CSP and don't like smellies, altho glycerin type clearish soaps would be welcome. I love fingerless mittens (got some last time and they are in daily use!) and would be happy with a lightweight summer scarf either knitted or sewn. Would prefer no baking
Last edited by northernruth on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Fairy