hf1

DIY Fairy 2010 SIGN UP HERE!! AND PLEASE PM ME YOUR ADDRESS!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

DIY Fairy 2010 SIGN UP HERE!! AND PLEASE PM ME YOUR ADDRESS!

Postby Louise » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:21 am

*Please PM me with your address as soon as you have signed up

You must be a regular poster - meaning that you have been posting frequently on the forum for the last 3 months and have a minimum of 250 posts excluding classifieds and 3 months membership as of 2nd April. Moderators decision will be FINAL as to whether you can join in or not. If you are unsure as to whether you will be able to join in then please PM a Mod before signing up.

*The budget is £15 including postage

*You MUST PM me once your item has been posted

*By signing up you commit to having the time to come and answer ALL the questions asked by other participants

*You have until 10PM on Friday 9th April to sign up

*You will receive the name and address of your DIY Fairy recipient as soon as possible after this date.

*All packages should arrive no later than Friday 18th June as close to this date as possible)

*Please only use the sign-up post to post the details, any other questions / chat to be in a separate thread

*Please PM me with your address as soon as you have signed up

*REMEMBER - NO PEAKING AT PACKAGES BEFORE THE GRAND REVEAL!!

You must post on the reveal thread and include pics of your gift

Failure to follow these guidelines will result in you not being allowed to join in with future swaps

Knit something, sew something, bake something, etc. Whatever you want to make that fits in with your recipients likes.

If you would like to take part please provide the following details and then PM me your address when you have done so, thank you.

Thank you and have fun crafting!

**Please note I will do my best to match everybody up with somebody that matches their skill set and what/who they'd like to make for but it may not be possible**

Your screename:
Your name:
Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate):
Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child):
Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc):
Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: DIY Fairy 2010 SIGN UP HERE!!

Postby ladybird » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:35 am

Your screename: Ladybird
Your name: Shadow
Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Moi!
Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): I don't mind
Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc): I can knit, wet felt and needle felt all to a reasonable level. I'm happy to make scarves, shawls, bags, balls, hair accessories.........I'll have a go at most things.
Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: Love hot pink, purple, black, teal/aqua, brown. I like mushrooms, fairies, butterflies and ladybirds, but realistic looking, not cartoony. Dislike yellow, grey and white unless in a rainbow. I use bv/wool csp, don't really wear jewellery, only use natural toiletries in the shower (no bath).
Last edited by ladybird on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:38 am

Your screename: Weefywoo
Your name: Frances
Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Aoife, 2 years old
Arm (from shoulder) 14 "
chest 21"
nape to waist 12"
waist 22"
belly button to knee 12 1/2"
inseam 14 1/2"
nape to knee 24"
Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): Child if possible
Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc): I'm a pretty good knitter, better at girlie stuff, I can bake to a reasonable level, I can't sew for toffee but I'm willing to give it a go :giggle:
Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: Aoife like biscuits, cakes, toy nappies, pretty tops, dolls, Skirts, dresses she loves peppa pig, crowns,
Last edited by weefywoo on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:54 am

Your screename: Joeli
Your name: Joeli

Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Mainly for Leo, who will be 9 months in June.
    Hip measurement is 20" with a regular day nappy.
    Inseam is roughly 8".
    Rise is 17-18".
    Waist is 16".
    Foot length is 4.5".
    Chest is 18".
Basically he is in 6-9month tops and 9-12 month pants. So by reveal I'd expect him in 9-12month tops and 12-18month pants. Don't mind a few little things for me or for the family. Though if you're struggling with something for Leo, there are a few things I wouldn't mind for me (listed below).

Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): No preference.

Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc): knitting advanced level, sewing very basic level, can bake as well. If it's knitting I can have a go at anything. Sewing...well I can sew little bags and flongies. Playing around with dying yarn as well.

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: Leo likes putting things in his mouth, playing with trucks/balls, and toy people. He wears mostly fitteds and wool/fleece (though we are severely lacking in these and have nothing to fit in the 12-18month+ size). For prints, like boyish things for Leo like dinosaurs and robots. Wouldn't be opposed to hand-dyed yarn. Don't really like things for the bath/lotions/etc. We're good on pretty much all colours, the brighter the better (love yellow/orange/red and green/blue). Please no pinks/purples for Leo. Also prefer natural fibres (wool, cotton, bamboo, etc) where possible. Also like bags with lots of pockets/knitting needles cases (dpns or circs)/knitting project bags. We like all baked goods and have no allergies.
Last edited by joeli on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:04 am

Your screename: Geordie_Girl
Your name: Mareth
Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Me (age ahem*30*ahem), size 16 :( :giggle: , or Rhys, age 2, typical age 2 clothes (but with a bit of a bigger bum/waist if trousers)
Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): Don't mind
Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc):knitting - intermediate, sewing - bit better than beginner :lol: , baking - intermediate, crochet - intermediate, scrapbooking/cards - advanced, yarn-dyeing - erm.. beginner I suppose.
Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: Surprise me. Only no-no's are:
no gloves for Rhys please (if you decide to make for him), he has dodgy hands and they're a nightmare to get on him, mittens are fine though.
no real nappies, thanks, although he likes to put nappies on his toys so toy nappies are fine.
No CSP, I don't use it.
Would love yarn or non-stretchy fabric.
Last edited by Mareth on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:11 am

Your screename: Frances

Your name: Frances

Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Either Jasmine or me. Jasmine will be two by reveal day, she's slightly above average size, I'll add measurements later. I'm a petite size 10.

Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): Either or both :wink: I'm best at making things for girls though.

Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc): I'd say I'm pretty advanced at knitting, sewing and jewellery making. I can make children's clothes (especially girls), woollies, adult jewellery, cosmetics bags and CSP. Would prefer to sew.

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: Would prefer not to have anything baked please. Don't like very girly stuff for Jasmine, although pink is good, and neither of us suits yellow. Love hot/deep pink and purple, and pink and blue together. Also adore Alexander Henry prints, but not into skulls at the moment. Something summery for Jasmine to wear would be nice (she hasn't PT yet so need room for a big cloth bottom), or maybe trousers or a soakerless skirtie (ideally superwash) or perhaps an apron or socks for me (size 6). Only like pure wool, not keen on acrylic. I use CSP, but only serged with bv tops and fleece back, could do with some more night pads. Just ideas though, we'll be delighted with whatever we receive :D
Last edited by Frances on Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
beffys
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby beffys » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:39 am

Your screename: beffys
Your name: Beth Sutherland
Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Me please :)
Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): Either - I'd like to just do a unique project I haven't done before.
Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc): Pretty good at knitting, but slow. Advanced level at spinning, sewing, dyeing & drawing.
Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: I need an apron that's wateproof, lol. I'm constantly ruining my tops with dye. Don't mind though. Clothing wise, just accessories type - hats, light scarves suitable for warmer weather. I don't like pale pinks. I like aqua blues, teal greens, lilac, violet, purples. Love dyed fibre I can spin and like unsual fabric prints or natural patterns. Don't like synthetic fabrics, yarn or material (well except minkee is ok). I like knitted socks too, size 6. :)

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:39 am

Your screename: Beck

Your name: Beck

Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate): Me (26), or Hannah 6 - size 7-8, Phebie 3, William 2yrs - I really dont mind who its made for :)

Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child): Don't mind

Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc): sewing-intermediate, baking - but could be a problem with postage unless in OZ.

Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy: Surprises welcome, Fav colours are - Me PINK and anything funky cute things, Hannah PURPLE and loves horses, Phebie PINK & ORANGE and loves baby dolls, William any boyish colours and ADORES anything with wheels. I use CSP. Bags, kids cloths, scarves, apron ummm anything really.

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:47 am

Your screename:Tracedw
Your name:Tracy
Who you'd like the gift to be for (inc ages, measurements if appropriate):Me, size10-12, size 4 shoe
Who you'd prefer to make your gift for (adult, child):pref adult, but happy to make for a child
Skills you have (e.g. knitting basic level, sewing advanced level, baking) and what sort of things you are able to make (clothes, bags, aprons etc):Advanced knitting, intermediate sewer.Can make BV SS nappies,bibs.,CSP can offer knitted socks,lacy shawls ,gloves, knitted toys,longies etc.My preference would to knit socks,shawl or wristwarmers
Likes/dislikes any other info to help your Fairy:No hats , they dont suit me generally, dont wear pink or bright colours, prefer earthy shades,greens,blues,purples,would also prefer not to have anything baked or toiletories.
Would quite like a needle roll,project bag that kind of thing in retro/vintage type fabrics., actually would be appreciative of anything really, im generally quite easy to please.
Last edited by tracedw on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Return to DIY Fairy