hf1

Shall I.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Shall I.

Postby MissFrodo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:42 am

Put up a free tutorial every first of the month and who wants can join in?

Think it's a shame that this section isn't used that much and I know a few have plans to get sewing.

Is that a good idea??

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Shall I.

Postby Bugglyboo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:08 am

I love this idea. Could some of ideas use fat quarters as I have loads of fat quarters to use up but am struggling for ideas.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:15 am

Bugglyboo wrote:I love this idea. Could some of ideas use fat quarters as I have loads of fat quarters to use up but am struggling for ideas.

Will write that down and keep in mind when looking for tutorials ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:25 am

Yes please Esther - that would be just fantastic! I know I've really enjoyed doing them (even though I still haven't finished any of them to do pics :oops: :oops: ). My poor little sock monkey has been sat eyeless for over a year now and needs a wash as he smells a bit dusty :oops: :giggle: I'll get some pics up of that and will enjoy seeing what you find.

I'd really like ot give quilting a bash and have 2 babies due, my new niece (just found out today it is a girl :love: :yahoo: ). And my BF from years ago is having a boy. I'd like to do them both a simple quilt with just strips of material. Not sure if anyone else is interested in a beginner quilt like that?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:26 am

Oh and the other thing I've seen tutes for are big quilts to use at the beach / as picnic rugs @Bugglyboo that kind of thing would be fab for a big fat quarter project! The one I saw used lovely old retro sheeting :love:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:40 am

Think a quilt big or small is a very nice project. Been thinking about doing one for ages, specially when i noticed this one: http://collie-collie.blogspot.com/searc ... apjesdeken

She used a precut packet, and that's what I'll do I think as I'm afraid I won't cut as straight with my old cutting ;)

But it's a good project to do with fat quarters, get a nice mix and cut straight are the most important things ;)

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Once I have my machine :roll: I'm in!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:34 pm

I really want to get sewing. Planning on making the girls some clothes for the summer. Need to get me a rotary cutter & mat though

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:57 am

That sounds fantastic :D I just found out SIL will be having a little boy, so I won't get to make any teensy dresses but a little boyish quilt might be doable! But anything would be good. I did actually make a cotbed duvet cover from a charity shopped single bed cover, since the sew-a-long, but never posted pics :roll:

Next

Return to Monthly Craft Challenge