Advice much appreciated Bumdeal, Papoose and Bumgenius

My avatar
jenidjaimee
Clothie
Clothie

Advice much appreciated Bumdeal, Papoose and Bumgenius

Postby jenidjaimee » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:07 am

Hello

I am on baby 3 and have NOW decided to use reusable nappies why it has taken me this long i do not know but nevertheless i have now made the decision to use them and i am ever so excited. :yahoo:

So long n short i have bought a 20 pack from Bumdeal who were advertised on the Real Nappy Week website they are all in ones which i have bought boosters and fleece reusable liners for each nappy comes with 2 inserts they are a mixed bundle 10 Bumdeal and 10 Papoose has anybody any experience of these Ella the owner said they are of the same quality as Bumgenius so i went onto Mothercare today as they have 3 for 2 offer on the Bumgenius with an extra 10% discount and i have ordered 3 of the all in one Bumgenius again any advice for these ?

My plan is to use the reusable's daytime and in the evening use disposables then once the poo is more solid would consider going onto using the reusable's ALL the time.

I have seen a lot of comments regarding washing now the web all says use NON-Bio but i have read about people using BIO instead can any body point me in the right direction ?? also tumble drying i can do according to care instructions but wonder how it affects the nappy they are all in ones with a PUL outer

Can you tell im excited to use these, we arent having any more kids so i just wish i had done this at least the 2nd time around but nevertheless im here now :)

Oh and the Bumdeal order i placed was 20 mix all in ones 10 bamboo boosters 20 liners and a wet bag set for a total cost of £117 :) i think this is why i never did it before because when i looked at the start up cost it was £250 and more which wasnt feasible.

As i said any advice much appreciated and i look forward to chatting with you all over the next couple of years.

Jeni xx

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Advice much appreciated Bumdeal, Papoose and Bumgenius

Postby little1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:36 am

Hi, i've not used bumdeal or papoose but bumgenius are good and work for most people. I think the majority of people use bio powder with no problems, i find if i use non bio or liquids then we get smelly nappies. You can't use softener with cloth nappies as it makes them less absorbant but u can use bold 2 in 1 i think as the softner is clay based. As for the tumble drier i tumble all my nappies in the winter on a low heat setting and have never had a problem with the PUL. I tend to line dry in the summer as sunshine is great at getting out any stains :wink:

ooh forgot to say that most birth to potty nappies don't actually fit from birth so some people buy newborn nappies or use disposables for the first few weeks. Also as bubs gets older you may need to invest in a couple of nightime nappies that will last 12 hours once they start sleeping through.

HTH :hug:

My avatar
jenidjaimee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jenidjaimee » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:47 am

Thank u for the reply i had stocked up on disposables and decided to use cloth so i returned the size 3's and 4's yesterday to boots but kept the 1's and 2's so will use them to start with DD was 8lb10oz at birth so im guessing this baby will be the same or more but i have the disposables to use anyway i had planned on using the cloth daytime only and a disposable through the night i may well change from this once i see how wet at night we get and how often we need changing DD is now 5 and i cant for the life of me remember changing her often through the nite

Thanks again x

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Can I ask why you are reluctant to use cloth full time? Solid poop is only a recent thing for my daughter & she is 2.5 yrs old. I don't know about formula fed babies but breastfed baby poop can go straight into the washing machine until solids are introduced.

I haven't used bumdeal or papoose but I have bumgenius in my stash. Had a look on the bumdeal website & you seem to have a really good stash there. The bamboo boosters will be fab to help the nappies last overnight. Some hemp ones would be really good too. I would also get reusable wipes as it makes it easy just to throw them into the dirty nappy & into the nappy bucket.

Bold 2 in 1 is definitely the best detergent for nappies. The ordinary one though, not the bold "infusions". You won't need to tumble dry those nappies hun. The outer shells on the bumgenius dry really fast, as do the inserts. the bamboo boosters will take longer but still will be dry the following day.

My avatar
jenidjaimee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jenidjaimee » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Nicola

I was planning on using day only as i have stocked up on so many 1's and 2's i will end up throwing away if i dont use them and i cant take them back as i have no reciept they were bought as i did a normal shopping.

I dont plan on using the tumbler only in bad weather or the winter time, in Scotland there aint that much sunshine anyway :( so the tumbler gets used more often than not fingers crossed we have a nicer summer but the chances are pretty slim lol

Thanks for the tip on Bold so as long as its not fusions then its fine thats good as i have 2 boxes of bold in the cupboard under the stair so im fine with that. I have disposable wipes but the girl i ordered my Bumdeals from is throwing in some Reusable Wipes for me to try out and if i like them will use them in future just always felt when cleaning DD that i would use 2-3 wipes at a time so would need to have a load of reusable ones which seemed too much

j x

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:49 pm

I only use 1 maybe 2 wipes at a nappy change. i have 30 wipes and that does me just fine :)

Return to AIO's (All in ones)