hf1

AIO's from newborn

My avatar
twirlygirly
Clothie
Clothie

AIO's from newborn

Postby twirlygirly » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:51 pm

So I never thought I would be posting here again, not that I posted all that much! I appear to be expecting baby #3 in Feb and really want to use cloth again. A bit of history, DD is 5.5 and I used disposables til she was 7 months and used them til 14 mths or so when I went back to work. DS is 3 and I used cloth from birth during the day and disposables at night until he was 7 months or so and I went back to work. I just could keep up with the washing once I was back to work. Anyway, this time I want to use cloth full time and plan to have at least 1 year off work.
DH isn't keen on cloth, he just doesn't want to learn about them or have to put stuff together so I'm think AIO's from birth, nice and simple!
Thing is, nappies have changed so much in the last few years and I have no idea about what is good. I never used AIO's before.
Any advice appreciated x Thanks x

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: AIO's from newborn

Postby lazylexis » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:04 pm

I have found aios and pockets both leaked until 3-4 months,particularly with breastfed explosive poo.My ds2 is 4.5 months and we have to be careful how we do up easyfits and bumgenius before they leak.The xs bg aio we didn't find absorbent at all & they leaked,same with teenyfits.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:32 pm

We liked Teenyfits, BG AIO newborn and Real Easy XS :thumbsup:

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:07 pm

My lo is ten days old and we're using a mix of aio and fitteds with wool or wrap.

Aio wise, we're getting along fine with bumgenius, bambooty, and teenyfits. Fitteds last longer so are best for long naps, but so far the aio are fine for up to a couple of hours, which pretty much meets my expectations.

And, they are DEFINITELY daddy proof! My dh keeps putting fitteds on without a wrap, meaning I find a screaming soaked baby in need of a full change!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:29 pm

xs bg lasted us less than an hour and boosted teenyfits an hour ish. Depends on the baby!

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:40 pm

lazylexis wrote:Depends on the baby!

this! ^^^^

And depends on how they pee. My teeny had a mega pee that poured out the sides earlier, but usually it's little and often so we don't have that problem.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I have used mostly AIO's on my 2 month old, i can probably count on my fingers how many fitteds I've used. I've been using itti's snap in one's which have been brilliant, teeny fits again were brilliant and swaddlebees simplex (i dont think they are available in the UK yet) which by far have been my go to nappy. I havent had any problems with leaks, the biggest problem I had was trying to get some to fit on my chunker. She's into one sized and mediums all ready i could have easily put her in one sized from the beginning but they would have been really bulky.

Last night a swaddlebees simplex lasted over 7 hours when she didnt wake up for a feed. When I was in the uk I loved real easy's too.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Used xs and small bumgenius on DD from birth with no problems. Have got some fitteds for bump but mostly aios, BG, teenyfits and xs real easy, hopefully he's not a power widdler but i'll prob be changing quite often anyway.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:49 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:I have used mostly AIO's on my 2 month old, i can probably count on my fingers how many fitteds I've used. I've been using itti's snap in one's which have been brilliant, teeny fits again were brilliant and swaddlebees simplex (i dont think they are available in the UK yet) which by far have been my go to nappy. I havent had any problems with leaks, the biggest problem I had was trying to get some to fit on my chunker. She's into one sized and mediums all ready i could have easily put her in one sized from the beginning but they would have been really bulky.

Last night a swaddlebees simplex lasted over 7 hours when she didnt wake up for a feed. When I was in the uk I loved real easy's too.

Ittis were a rubbish fit on M, the smalls never fit so I never bothered with bigger sizes. We also only used fitteds and wool as M was a v heavy wetter when tiny. I'd probably buy a few different types and brands to see what works for you first before deciding either way.

Next

Return to AIO's (All in ones)