hf1

Leaking

My avatar
kittenaimz
Clothie
Clothie

Leaking

Postby kittenaimz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:39 am

Hi, I'm a newbie here, I tried Mothercare Smartnappies when ds was tiny and he leaked really quickly so gave up and used 'sposies.
Lately he has been getting really bad bum rash when teething so I decided to try cloth nappies again. He's 16 months. I bought a pikapu from a lovely lady on here and when I tried it, it leaked within 5 minutes. It leaks around the legs, would this mean it's a poor fit? or do I need to try something else?

Help me!!

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Leaking

Postby monsterm » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:58 am

Was the inside of the nappy soaked or was it pretty dry? Soaked nappy means the nappy isn't absorbent enough. If it wasn't soaked, it's a bad fit. In all honesty I would find the AIOs the least reliable of cloth nappies.

My avatar
kittenaimz
Clothie
Clothie

Postby kittenaimz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Was pretty soaked, think he must be a heavy wetter. Am going to get some vest expanders to see if a tight vest was the problem.
Which would u recommend?

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 pm

a tight vest can cause compression wicking which is an overall dampness rather than one area of the vest being soaked iykwim. How long did you leave the nappy on? Cloth does need to be changed a little more often. average every 3 hours. Try a pocket such as bumgenius or fuzzi bunz. Easy to use & a bit more reliable than a AIO in my opinion

Return to AIO's (All in ones)