Bambino Miosolos leaking

My avatar
Incywincyspider
Clothie
Clothie

Bambino Miosolos leaking

Postby Incywincyspider » Sat May 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi,

We've used Bambino Miosolos since my boy was newborn with no issues. He's 12months in 2 weeks time and they've suddenly start leaking after an hour or so.

I recently washed some in a sample of Fairy Non-Bio liquid and they smell lovely but have I ruined the absorbancy and do they need stripping?

Or is he just out peeing them now? They already have a Mioboost in as our default so what's the next obvious booster? If do boost further do I need to use special folds etc to for a little boy?

Thank you...hope everyone's enjoying the sunshine too! X

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Bambino Miosolos leaking

Postby littlesez » Tue May 08, 2018 4:14 pm

My 2 were out peeing theirs early on. Its been a long time since I had them in nappies are those flat ones that you fold in 3?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:05 pm

Id do a strip and see before trying anything else. The other idea I had was that he is beginning to hold his wee, so doing bigger ones rather than small wees, but I'd expect that in an older child. Would you consider elimination communication?

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue May 08, 2018 7:42 pm

I'd think you proabably need a better booster. I like the easy peasy hemp ones or little lamb bamboo.

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Wed May 09, 2018 5:30 am

:wave:
Miosolos is as far as I remember microfiber and I am amazed that has lasted you til almost 12 months :thumbsup:
I would do two things - 1. stripwash them and 2. ad something more absorbent like hemp.
Mine have both started wetting alot more around the 12 month mark so maybe its just that.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed May 09, 2018 6:13 am

Do you normally wash with liquid? I wonder if that didn't help as appparently it does coat the fibres more than powder.

I agree with the others too - a strip wash and add in some decent boosters at this stage. Let us know how it goes @Incywincyspider And I'm so sorry I missed your post - yes I've been out in the garden enjoying the sun (maybe too much :giggle: )!

Return to AIO's (All in ones)