hf1

Newbie - pee soaling through

My avatar
Casmith21
Clothie
Clothie

Newbie - pee soaling through

Postby Casmith21 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:45 pm

We tried our second hand tots bots easyfit for the first time today with our 1 month old baby and it didn't go very well. His pee soaked through the nappy, which surprised me as i thought the outer layer was waterproof?

I think we just left him in them too long (the second time he went for an unexpectedly long nap) and/or we need to put in a booster insert. But my husband is now concerned that reusable nappies aren't for us - any recommendations/advice?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Newbie - pee soaling through

Postby clothmama » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi, sorry nearly midnight here in France and I have to get to bed but will come back in the morning with some ideas for you! Welcome to the Tree @Casmith21 :wave: :D

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:39 am

How long had you left him? I find that I have to change about every 3 hours in cloth, but that's around where I try to be with disposables anyway (my LO pees alot). I've only had my newest one back in cloth a few days (hes now 3 weeks) but I always found this to be the case with my other 2 as well, certainly until they start to have something more than just milk.
I would try an extra booster and then see how you get on. It can take a little bit of trial and error when you start out with cloth, even on your third baby :giggle: so try not to be too disheartened just yet.
Good luck with your cloth journey and welcome to The Tree :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:39 pm

My 4 were quite heavy wetters as babies so all AIOs/AI2s pockets weren't hugely reliable for us. When we did use them I used a combination of a 6 layer bamboo insert folded in half with a hemp insert underneath. We also couldn't use any nappies with a cotton outer layer as they always leaked.
Its about trial and error when starting out. All babies/children are different and what works well for one won't for another. Try a few different types and you will find the one that works best for you.

Return to AIO's (All in ones)