hf1

Advice please - just started with cloth!

My avatar
scubelle
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Advice please - just started with cloth!

Postby scubelle » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Thank you. I'm definitely going to look into Tots bots, they sound very good. If they will fit my LO for until she's potty trained, then I'm keen - I just don't want to buy lots of nappies that she cannot use. I realise the second hand value is good, so I suppose if I do only get a few months outta them or if they don't really work, I can still get some of my cash back and who knows maybe we'll be blessed with another little ankle biter to put nappies on.

We don't have a tumble dryer, but I do think bamboo sounds good for absorbency. Sure we'll have heating on in a month or so and that'll dry stuff out quick enough I hope!!!

I'm only new at this and I've already gone spending crazy on nappies - it seems a bit addictive.

Thx

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 pm

scubelle wrote:Thank you.

You're welcome. :hug: It's hard that it's not as 'one size fits all' as disposables are, but it's worth taking a bit of time and effort to find a nappy that really suits. The TB really are fab, and they do have a high resale value, as do most of the big brand names (BG, itti bitti, WN). The WAHM stuff less so as the patterns can vary and so sizing and fit can be so different, and TBH, quality can be a bit hit and miss, but you expect that from smaller independent retailers of anything really. Once you've found your feet and got an idea of what suits you, it's worth checking out the WAHM stuff for some really customised unique stuff. :giggle:

scubelle wrote:I'm only new at this and I've already gone spending crazy on nappies - it seems a bit addictive.

Thx

It really is. One of the selling points of using cloth for us was the savings. Although we have saved money (and more) by using cloth of sposies, and it's obviously much better for the environment and for my daughters skin etc. I'm still a little embarrased with how crazy I've been recently. I've just got a new job and instead of blowing my first months wages on a pair of Louboutins (which I would have done pre-baby) I've bought more fluff (for probably the same cost as the shoes). :oops:

And I don't regret a single purchase! :wink:

My avatar
scubelle
Clothie
Clothie

Postby scubelle » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:23 am

So after a few days of humming and hawing and reading up about totsbots I bought some of those ebay nappies - they are much cheaper then normal. Fingers crossed they'll work out!!! I'm now waiting for a grand total of 11 new (to me) cloth nappies.....

I now have a couple more questions;
- Is it possible to get big mesh laundry bags - I have a 23ltr lidded plastic bin for dirty nappies, but can only find 16ltr bags.
- if my beautiful baba has a builders bum (albeit a really cute one) in her disposables, is she likely to have the same in cloth? And does that mean she needs a high rise (still not sure what rise actually means)??? And which cloth nappies are good for that?
Thx all.

Previous

Return to AIO's (All in ones)