hf1

Secret Baker Sign Up Here! All Recipients Sent!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Secret Baker Sign Up Here! And Please Pm Your Address!

Postby Louise » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:02 am

monsterm wrote:Louise, any chance of increasing the budget a little bit for the irish mamas? It'll cost most of the £8 to post a parcel from Ireland to the U.K.

It shouldn't do as we're not including drinks this time so the parcels won't be as heavy. (A lot of people went way over budget last time due to the postage costs) We have based it on around £5 for ingredients and £3 for postage which should be enough for most people. If you are one of the people that are posting outside the UK and you go over budget slightly due to the postage cost then that's not a problem.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:35 am

Yup, I'm in!

I like pretty much anything, looove chocolate of any kind. :D

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Can I just ask, who bakes with liquorice?????? (not that I like it!!)

I'm in.

Dislikes are coffee. Prefer milk to dark chocolate tho dark choc chips are fine :wink: . Small household here so not tons of stuff that won't keep please :wink: . I like most spices and most dried fruit apart from candied peel :puke:, but I really really like plain things too like shortbread and madeira cake

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:27 am

I see we have some Aussies so I'm in too! Will come back and update as I'm not here :lookround: I'm doing my assignment just now :wink:

I love chocolate with choc chips and chocolate.

I dont' like minty things or fruity things (sultanas look like dead flys whole in baking imho :puke: :hohoho: but if they are very soft and squishy so less dead fly like I dont' mind :giggle: :giggle: ).

I am trying to diet so would rather that my chocolate I mean baking is as low cal as possible :giggle: :giggle: I know that cocoa itself is quite low and that you can use apple puree instead of sugar etc etc. And I know it is a really big huge ask but if at all possible would love the kj and saturated fat per biccie / slice / muffin / cake so I can work out my points and therefore indulge without feeling guilty :oops: :oops: :oops: If all that is too hard then triple chocolate on chocolate covered in chocolate is fine and blow the diet :hohoho: :hohoho:

And actually I'm pretty easy - don't mind marzipan but don't love it either, dont' mind nuts, dont' mind coconut, not that keen on liqorice and dont' like aniseed.

No allergies here either :D

My avatar
Rebekahs_mum
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Rebekahs_mum » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:19 am

I'd like to join in too.

I like anything really. Although I'm not able to eat too much yummy stuff at the moment as it sets off my gallbladder :roll: so i'll have to share :giggle:
Dh doesn't like marzipan or liquorice but other than that no allergies & nothing else we don't like. As the girls will be eating it if it is made with coffee could it please be decaf? :oops: Hope that's not too specific :oops: :giggle:
Thanks

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:46 pm

I would love to join please :mrgreen: I will come back on with likes and dislikes as I have to think about that one :giggle:

Chocolate
Chocolate
Chocolate
:giggle: not dark though unless it was subtle

Don't feel obliged to make chocolate based though, I am just eating some at the moment so can't think past that :hohoho:

I do like other things too but surely it would be a long list! I am basically a lover of all things sweet and sickly, nothing better than a cup of tea and a slice of cake, or a cupcake or a nice biccy to dunk :mrgreen:

DISLIKES:

Nuts (like them but not in cakes/biscuits)
Fruit (same as above) - although i do like cherries :giggle:
Liquorice
Alcohol (in a glass yes in a cake no)
Cant think of anything else.
Last edited by babygrowbelly on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Is 22nd the reveal? Can you tell I'm writing everything in my diary!!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:21 pm

fluffy_mummy wrote:Is 22nd the reveal? Can you tell I'm writing everything in my diary!!!

Louise wrote:[color=#FF0040]to arrive by Friday 22nd October .
:wink:

Although I think some people opened earlier as they were worried about the freshness of the goodies. I think we'll have a discussion about it nearer the time and if people have got their packages very early it may be better for those people to open them a bit earlier IYSWIM.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:24 pm

That's what I thought, but 'to arrive by' doesn't necessarily mean that day is the reveal. Just want to double check so I can be organised about everything.

PreviousNext

Return to Secret Baker 2010