Final request for wedding help, I promise

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Final request for wedding help, I promise

Postby sim » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:17 pm

:oops:

So, after all the fuss about what to wear to this wedding at the start of May, I have bitten the bullet and bought a dress. I tried on the original one I picked but it is just cut too small on the waist for me at the minute.
However, this one is cut a little more generously through the middle and I can just about fit into a 12. A nod to the current S/S floral trend, with hints of a snakeskin pattern peeking out between the roses! It is made / cut in such a way as I will be able to take it in a little once I get back to my 'ideal' weight.

I need to accessorise it now - opinions needed!

I have these (which are more milky and not as orange as they look in this picture - they are close to the colour of the palest roses), I would get a pinky-nude shawl and fascintor to go with them.

I also have some simple strappy silver sandals and would get a silver/grey shawl and fascinator if I go with these.

I did find a lovely pair of shoes in a pinky blush tone in LK Bennet but they cost more than the dress :shock: so I can't really justify it.

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Final request for wedding help, I promise

Postby scarlet » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 pm

Did you have some nude courts ? As they could also be nice !
Really like the dress! :thumbsup:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:23 pm

No, just the mary janes above.

I might have to go looking for cheaper pair.

DH says "just wear black it goes with everything" :roll: :evil:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:27 pm

sim wrote:DH says "just wear black it goes with everything" :roll: :evil:

Oh dear.... :evil:

I think the silver strappies would be lovely, but might have to think about grass sinkage...! The other ones are lovely too, but not as elegant as strappies would be.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Ooh, that dress is lovely. I really like that 50's /60's look (although need a v neck for my bust!)

I'd second the suggestion od nude courts.

You will look so elegant in that!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:33 pm

love the shoes and dress but think the shoes area bit heavy for the dress. I have some nude pointy kitten heels that would look good but i have huge feet :giggle:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Its beautiful - i like the shoes but think you need to try it on for us so we can see them together. Are you going all day? I would consider wearing both pairs.. the shoes for the ceremony & reception & pics then switch to strappies for evening glam x

I instantly thought of some bracelets i have from Next that would match perfectly... Theyre a crystal cut, simple on a stretchy band and they have them in loads of colours - i have the peachy/nude and grey. Theyre in most stores, in loads of colours and you can mix & match to create a nice stack. Think theyre £5 each :) (theres a pic on FB in my mobile downloads if you wanna look at them)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:38 pm

I like the 1st and 2nd ones.
I got some almost identical ones last year in Tesco :oops: :giggle:

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas