Holiday clothes help needed

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Holiday clothes help needed

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:19 am

Please help ladies.

We're off on holiday in a few weeks and need some bits - a good swimming costume, a nice sun dress (maybe maxi?) and a special occasion dress/outfit (I was toying with the idea of a jumpsuit, is this a bad idea?).

I'm a very curvy size 18 at the moment (small waist, big hips, bigger boobs!) and I hate the tops of my arms. In the past I've bought things that don't have sleeves, ended up getting hot and taken off cardi/shrug/pashmina whatever, and then cringe when I look at myself in photos, so at least elbow length sleeves are essential please (not for the swimming costume though :giggle: ).

I used to have confidence and faith in my style, but I'm feeling lost at the moment, and concsious I have baby weight but don't want to wear anything that looks vaguely like maternity/breastfeeding clothes for obvious reasons.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Holiday clothes help needed

Postby Twinkletoes » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:53 am

Your figure sounds similarly proportioned to mine. I find that anything baggy or loosely cut makes me look bigger cos it hangs off one curve (boobage) and then clings to the next curve (hips), totally missing the waist!

For this reason I like tailored clothes best, which is a challenge when you have curves. Lycra is our friend. I recently snapped up 2 very forgiving and cheap dresses in matalan which are really flattering. Sorry, mid dinner and bedtime chaos so will try to link later.

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:25 am

Are you shopping for coming to Gozo? If you are I would say you need a cotton maxi dress, wide legged linnen trousers and a nice top for evenings, swimsuits and cotton beach cover up. Its very laid back and relaxed here, All us girlies live in cutoffs and vest tops or cotton maxi dresses. I think you would melt if you put anything Lycra (other than a swimsuit) on :hot: cotton jersey is an option. When are you arriving? Feel free to pm me if you need anything :hug:

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:32 am

Yes, so excited! We fly over on 5th July for two weeks. I think J, my sis and bil , and possibly my mum all want to do some diving, I'd like to but I'm not sure, a) I wear glasses and am almost totally blind without them, and b) I'm a woss about water in my nose and ears which J tells me I'd just have to get over, so I think I'll be on babystting duty! Will we need to book now? And do you fancy meeting up for whilst they're all underwater?!

I am planning my list - once it's honed I'll update here!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:36 am

What do you think of this? Would it be totally shocking on a size 18?

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Per-Una- ... ed-items-3

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:57 am

Drop clevercuttlefish a pm about diving her dp runs a dive shop and will be able to sort them out. I fly home on the 5th as well from our holiday! It will be great to meet up, the kids here will be on summer holidays so we will be free most days :yahoo:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:55 am

fluffy_mummy wrote:What do you think of this? Would it be totally shocking on a size 18?

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Per-Una- ... ed-items-3

I really like that Lucie. I would try it on to see how you feel in it. I often have a vision of how I think I'll look in something and then get disappointed when I see myself in it :roll: :(

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:10 am

Sorry, thought it was your partner, which is why I waffled on! @clevercuttlefish, should we book up before we fly out?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:48 am

I like that jumpsuit, get it and try it on, it would depend on your shape, you aren't fat (gosh that sounds rude) just bigger so I think it would look nice. I saw some nice maxi dresses in New Look the other day, linen trousers are lovely to and are great with a vest/t-shirt in the day and a pretty top at night.xx

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas