hf1

Feeling fat, frumpy and un-feminine HELP!

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Feeling fat, frumpy and un-feminine HELP!

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:29 am

I am feeling so frumpy at the moment that its actually starting to get me down :( When I was pregnant with Darcy I definitely bloomed and always felt amazing and hardly gained any weight. This time I have already gained over a stone of weight I really shouldn't have gained and I just feel really frumpy. I would love to go out and buy some really pretty, girly maternity clothes but we cant really afford it, and also I am really struggling to find nice maternity stuff in my size :( I have been growing my hair out after having a really short cut the last few years, but its at that middle stage where it just bores me, I was thinking of dying it but I only really like to use semi-perm dyes when pregnant and the one I used a few weeks ago just washed out within days when its supposed to last 6 weeks :-? I have got to the point where I cant even be bothered putting my make up on most days as I just cant be bothered, but then on the days I do it does make me feel a little better. I would love to go and have a manicure/pedicure etc as last time I did that it made me feel so much better but we are really tight for money at the moment after just having to buy Darcys new bed and new table and chairs for the dining room so I know DH won't go for the idea of me spending money on something like that. I have been feeling very stressed this past 2 weeks, and DH has noticed it too. I have been short tempered and little things have been winding me up :oops:

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to help make myself feel a bit more womanly and pretty?

TBH I think the main issue is my weight, which I know only I can deal with, but although I have swapped some of my unhealthy meals/snacks for healthier ones this past week I really need to work harder and get my will power back.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Feeling fat, frumpy and un-feminine HELP!

Postby clothmama » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:41 am

Firstly big :hug: I have been where you are many times.

Hair - I think there are organic dyes, maybe worth a Google to see what is available that you could use?

Hands and feet - have you got friends or family that would be up for a girly evening where you could do each other? If not take an hour put on some nice music and some candles and do a DIY pedicure and manicure. I know having epilated legs and painted toes helps me no end :widesmile:

Clothes - we were in France renovating when I was preggers so had next to no income at all. I picked up some gorgeous white linen trousers, some jeans and some pretty tops for next to nothing on eBay and felt sooo much better! Nice shoes are always a good thing too as they will still fit after.

I hope that has given you some ideas and you feel better soon :hug:

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:49 am

clothmama wrote:Firstly big :hug: I have been where you are many times.

Hair - I think there are organic dyes, maybe worth a Google to see what is available that you could use?

Hands and feet - have you got friends or family that would be up for a girly evening where you could do each other? If not take an hour put on some nice music and some candles and do a DIY pedicure and manicure. I know having epilated legs and painted toes helps me no end :widesmile:

Clothes - we were in France renovating when I was preggers so had next to no income at all. I picked up some gorgeous white linen trousers, some jeans and some pretty tops for next to nothing on eBay and felt sooo much better! Nice shoes are always a good thing too as they will still fit after.

I hope that has given you some ideas and you feel better soon :hug:

Thanks Tory :hug:

I shall google hair dyes that are ok to use. I know there is no real evidence on the use of permanent hair dyes in pregnancy but I always like to be cautious when my babies are involved :roll:

As for hands and feet, unfortunately I dont have anyone that could do them for me :( my best friend moved from here up to Edinburgh on Tuesday and the other friends I have are more heavily pregnant than me or have small babies themselves and I'm probably not close enough to them to ask them to touch my feet :giggle: DH used to scrub my feet for me and then massage them so I will see if he will do them over the weekend, although whenever I ask he always makes some excuse :-?

I have had a look on ebay, and cant really find anything I like the look of, I think I am just being a bit too fussy really! I am just sick of wearing jeans or leggings and a top, a couple of nice short dresses would be nice to go over the top of my leggings, at least that way I can be girly but still practical for running around after a toddler!

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:52 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
could you have a pamper evening? after the little lady is in bed, run a bath, have a soak, candles, music, etc... this always refreshes me. Then smother on a nice body lotion, and paint your nails? maybe just by having some didicated 'you' time you will feel a bit better? i'm so un-girly.,.. that i haven't got any good advice on that i'm, afraid!! lol xxx

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:53 am

What size do you need hun? I have some stuff here that my friend loaned me that I didn't wear and I'm sure she won't ming them being loaned out again!

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:56 am

i fine painting my nails helps me feel loads better it's silly but i love having my nail's painted.

as for clothes your not the only one struggling to find nice stuff as i am too :evil: i hope you find something that makes you feel better soon

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:28 am

Hugs hun, maternity clothes need a re vamp, hardly any thing nice!

What size are you? I have a few bits that are getting a bit snug that I could pass on if they are right size? And I have a next clearance near by who often have bits for £3 I got alot of stuff there and happy to have a look for you this weekend x

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:01 pm

what size are you ?

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm the same. It's horrible :( I've no idea what my weight is, think most of what I've put on is baby and fluid (legs, bum, boobs haven't changed) but cos I'm short i look like an egg with feet.

I'm pretty skint too, but a couple of weeks ago I picked up a couple of dresses in matalan. They weren't expensive, plus they weren't maternity, so will work afterwards too! That's how i justified it anyway. Other than that I'm surviving on t shirts, vests, and 2 pairs of trousers.

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas