hf1

Feeling fat, frumpy and un-feminine HELP!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Feeling fat, frumpy and un-feminine HELP!

Postby aimeet » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:01 pm

I have some mat bits in sizes 10-14 I am going to list. Mostly autum winter but a couple of nice tops pm me if you are interested :)

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Thank you for all the replies, and offers of loans, it really is lovely of you all :hug: :hug:

I think the clothes would be too small for me though as pre pregnancy I was a 16-18 on top but would say I am 18-20 now as thats what most of my maternity clothes are. I have enough bottoms, as I am happy in my jeans and leggings just need to dress them up a bit I think so that I dont feel frumpy :-? I am going to meet a friend on Monday at a big shopping centre where there is a Primark and H&M so I am going to have to go around and see if I can find any bargains.

Think I am going to have a chat with DH about it too at some point, as I just want him to know how I have been feeling and maybe just having a couple of hours me time will help over the weekend as I have not have 5 minutes to myself lately with Darcy's birthday, all our visitors coming to stay etc so maybe some down time will help.

It is a difficult situation at the moment though as we got news today that FILs cancer is in 3 places and they are classing it as stage 4 and looks like he may only be with us for a little while longer so I feel pretty selfish worrying about how I look and feel :oops:

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Hannahboo wrote:Thank you for all the replies, and offers of loans, it really is lovely of you all :hug: :hug:

I think the clothes would be too small for me though as pre pregnancy I was a 16-18 on top but would say I am 18-20 now as thats what most of my maternity clothes are. I have enough bottoms, as I am happy in my jeans and leggings just need to dress them up a bit I think so that I dont feel frumpy :-? I am going to meet a friend on Monday at a big shopping centre where there is a Primark and H&M so I am going to have to go around and see if I can find any bargains.

Think I am going to have a chat with DH about it too at some point, as I just want him to know how I have been feeling and maybe just having a couple of hours me time will help over the weekend as I have not have 5 minutes to myself lately with Darcy's birthday, all our visitors coming to stay etc so maybe some down time will help.

It is a difficult situation at the moment though as we got news today that FILs cancer is in 3 places and they are classing it as stage 4 and looks like he may only be with us for a little while longer so I feel pretty selfish worrying about how I look and feel :oops:

I have bits in those sizes both maternity and pregnancy friendly that would fit you for sale ;) x An d amaxi dress that I <3 <3 <3 that you could have FFP x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:03 pm

I think I have some tops you could have hun, I'll have a look later as I'm feeling incredibly ill right now, and pm you some pics, to see if there's anything you like, definitely have loads of maternity vest tops x

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:27 pm

LilMrsAverage wrote:
Hannahboo wrote:Thank you for all the replies, and offers of loans, it really is lovely of you all :hug: :hug:

I have bits in those sizes both maternity and pregnancy friendly that would fit you for sale ;) x An d amaxi dress that I <3 <3 <3 that you could have FFP x

flutterby wrote:I think I have some tops you could have hun, I'll have a look later as I'm feeling incredibly ill right now, and pm you some pics, to see if there's anything you like, definitely have loads of maternity vest tops x

Aww thanks to both of you :hug: :hug: :hug: would love to see pics of what you have whenever you get chance if you want to PM me on here or FB, and if theres anything suitable we can sort out how much you want for them :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Maternity clothes are awful to start with - even as a 12-14 (on a diet now to get back to the 12, dont like the extra the 14 brings!) there is limited choice, especially on a budget.

The few bits i've picked up i've got from ebay.

Hair & nails & make up wise i'm gonna give you a good talking to now... YOU can do these, you just need to DO IT - after washing your face, give Darcy something to busy herself with next to you and put your make up on. Doesnt need to be a 'full face' for round the house but even just a tidy up & some mascara makes you feel much better.

Nails, make the time, same with hair.

I did the frumpy 'cant be bothered' thing when pregnant with Scarlett and looking back at photos i regretted not really trying to look nice in my pregnancy so this time i make an effort to do my face, hair & nails - even if i've only got jeans and a tee on, it stops me feeling dowdy now that my boobs are far too big to fit into any of my funky tops or blazer etc lol.

Once you get into the routine of doing it, you feel much better so just make the effort hun :hug:
Last edited by Rox on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Aw sorry I can't help, mine are smaller but looks like a few here might be able to help :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:21 pm

urgh Maternity clothes are awful, I fitted back into my normal clothes from maybe 30 weeks and never outgrew my normal tops so I was ok, I did have a few pairs of jeans, can't go wrong with jeans and i got a few t-shirts. We had a wedding to go to and I just bought a normal maxi dress in my normal size.
I don't change size in pregnancy, I am a small-average 12 and just buy 12 maternity clothes. I kept my eye out for Isabella Oliver tops on ebay and got a couple that I loved x

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:02 pm

You lucky thing, nothing fits me lol
Kirstyh wrote:urgh Maternity clothes are awful, I fitted back into my normal clothes from maybe 30 weeks and never outgrew my normal tops so I was ok, I did have a few pairs of jeans, can't go wrong with jeans and i got a few t-shirts. We had a wedding to go to and I just bought a normal maxi dress in my normal size.
I don't change size in pregnancy, I am a small-average 12 and just buy 12 maternity clothes. I kept my eye out for Isabella Oliver tops on ebay and got a couple that I loved x

PreviousNext

Return to Forest Fashionistas