hf1

Fashionista Roll Call

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Fashionista Roll Call

Postby Dora » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Can I play? I'm into 50's clothing and bright shoes :) also into jewellery in a big way!! I plan it all a week before to ensure it gets used/rotated. Very sad :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:07 am

Caroline wrote:I'm not a fashionista, just a Boden temptress. :wink:

Step away from me lady, those waistlines are just way too high!

Dora wrote:Can I play? I'm into 50's clothing and bright shoes :) also into jewellery in a big way!! I plan it all a week before to ensure it gets used/rotated. Very sad :giggle:

Now that is way too organised for me, I'm still guilty of ironing in the morning sometimes!

sim wrote:I'd love some ideas on where to get good vintage pieces as I hate Fleabay... A mix of 50s 60s and 70s

Where are the pics of the red dress?

Ha not got any action pics but did wear it out on Friday night. Vague smell to it tho which I was super self conscious about - think I will have to try some bicarb paste on it or maybe strip it with dishwasher tabs as if it was a nappy!!

I got it from Lovelys Vintage but actually ASOS marketplace is a great place for vintage, you can return most of it if t doesn't fit as it's vintage stores. I follow Lovely's VIntage and Madam Popoff on Twitter so they tweet when they have new stock. Martha;s closet is also good.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:51 am

I'm going to lurk until I am back at my ideal weight (3 stone to go) but I will definitely need help then as I have been fat or pregnant for 3.5 years now so need some new inspiration.

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:20 am

aimeet wrote:I think I'm getting there, had a personal shopper experience a few weeks back and it helped me realise what does/ doesn't suit me and to try things I wouldn't normally go for as sometimes it suits ;) want to have a look in our local vintage shop as they have a sale on.

ooo where did you do the personal shopper thing? I know they offered it the last time I was in John Lewis & it sounds like a good idea.

Have just received my 2 pairs of Levi's in the post over the weekend that I got while in London :)) The lady in the shop (Carnaby St) was amazing & made me try on about 20 pairs before I got to the right ones - I HATE shopping for jeans so I could have kissed her!!

Previous

Return to Forest Fashionistas