hf1

Work shoe help

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Work shoe help

Postby aimeet » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 am

i am going back to work one day a week in September (cushty I know and it's 6th form so really lovely teaching :D) I have the clothes sorted, got a lovely pair of trousers from Ted Baker at Bicester village (that place is amazing) They are black paper bag style and taper slightly so thik maybe a loafer/brogue type shoe would work best here and a nice black pencil skirt from planet (both came to the grand total of £39 in the sales :dancing: Go me!) I hate wearing high heels as the thin heels are always way too uncomfortable for me but know that flats just look stupid with a pencil skirt so help please ladies! I need a pair of not to high court shoes or similar, would like a nice colour (red or purple maybe) and not too expensive please as I just spent stupid money on some nice shirts too :oops:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Work shoe help

Postby northernruth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:09 am

Have a look at Next and M&S, both do a "comfort" range which isn't too expensive. I prefer all leather tho if you are on your feet all day. Agree with no flats with a pencil skirt, but I think you can get away with flat boots in a riding style if you fancy that. Otherwise block heels is the way to go, look at Clarks too, if yu can steer clear of some of the more frumpy styles.

I truly believe that the key to happiness is comfortable shoes, and am permanenetly in search of the same in a trendy/ flattering style!

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:15 am

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:25 am

Yep I think they'd be great. Straps help a lot with comfort compared with a normal court shoe (foot doesnt' slip forward as much)

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Not been to a shop all year, but in general, for work shoes, I like Dune. Not too pricy if you go in the sale, stylish and comfy if you go for a mid height heel.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 pm

I like those shoes & think they would work fab :thumbsup:

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:20 pm

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Ooh, those are fantastic. Just my colour!

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:08 pm

depends if you will be wearing tights and what colour tops - the wine colour is more neutral IYKWIM

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas