hf1

In need of some shoe help

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

In need of some shoe help

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:40 pm

I have SPD/pgp. My physio has told me to stop wearing my birkenstocks :cry: and get some trainers.
At the moment all I own is a pair of birkenstocks and a pair of wellies :giggle:
I really don't want to be wearing trainers for the next 5 months although im sure I'll end up with a pair once it's too painful to care.
So, I need a pair of shoes which are supportive, not wide fitting and look nice. I would prefer full shoes or boots rather than pumps as I think they'll be more supportive.
I will either be wearing my bootleg jeans or denim skirt. I tend to be a jeans and hoody girl through winter but sometimes girlie it up.
I clueless when it comes to shoes so I really need some suggestions.

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: In need of some shoe help

Postby zoeyboo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:49 pm

I love shoes but this one has stumped me I'm afraid, I'm all sky high heels or pretty sandals/ballet pumps if I'm out playing with the kids.

Hopefully someone will be along soon to help x

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Have a look on the Schuh website (one of my favourites, especially when they have a sale on). I like DMs, but there are lots of other choices on there. How about Birkenstock shoes?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Look at Hush Puppies, Nike hi tops (I lke the new ones with an inbuilt heel but I guess that's not ok!) or maybe converse? the latter arent that supportive but my feet "issues" have always been to do with a dropped arch rather than just not enough support

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:45 pm

My Hush Puppies are really comfortable. The TK MAxx website is a great place to look because you can search by size, and they deliver now - I've found some brilliant pairs while browsing.

Return to Forest Fashionistas