Curvy jeans recommendation?

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Curvy jeans recommendation?

Postby Juli » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:38 am

Hi everyone,

I've always had trouble finding jeans that fit well, as I've always had a very small waist and wider hips. They would either fit in the hips and then gape at the back, or fit at the back and be too tight in the hips. Well, at nearly 30 and 3 children later my figure has changed a bit over the years, and while I'm still a size 10 and my waist is still quite small, my thighs are now a bit bigger. So it's now even harder to find jeans that fit. If they fit around the top part, they tend to be too tight around the thighs, which isn't comfortable and they always end up being pulled down when I bend or sit down, which isn't very attractive :giggle:

I've just spent quite a bit on two pairs of Diesel jeans (at outlet prices, but still...) and I've been wearing one all morning and I'm just not comfortable.

I've got a few pairs of linen trousers on eBay which fit well, but are quite thin and won't be warm enough for winter.

Any suggestions? Commiserations?

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Curvy jeans recommendation?

Postby Juli » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:55 am

I should also add that I don't want skinny jeans - I don't think they would be very flattering on me.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:03 am

I'm in the same situation as you. Although, to be fair, I do need to drop the weight as I'm a good size above where I am comfortable.

Both Gap and Levi do curvy jeans which give more room at the hip and thigh, but I've not found a perfect pair yet.

I'm fond of wide leg jeans and like Next wide leg, high waist ones when I need a smarter pair (actually, I have a long body, so a high waist is never that high on me!)

Good luck!

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks, JabberJabber.

I've tried the Gap curvy bootcut, but it's too tight around the thighs. I wanted to try the Levi's bold curve bootcut, but they only had the skinny or straight at the shop. (I really hope the skinny jeans hype wears off soon...)

I'm short (5'2), so high waist really is high waist on me, and I don't like the restriction around my tummy. I'll have a look at Next though.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:17 am

Ooh, you are petite aren't you. Let me get me thinking cap on...

@northernruth Do you know of any other brands?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:34 am

I have some boden jeans that are a good fit on me and I am slim but have a big bum . They are high waist but not "high waist", I think they call them natural waist. I have big thighs and they fit me, they are the "slim" fit not skinny, they do a petite.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:46 am

northernruth wrote:I have some boden jeans that are a good fit on me and I am slim but have a big bum . They are high waist but not "high waist", I think they call them natural waist. I have big thighs and they fit me, they are the "slim" fit not skinny, they do a petite.

Haha! I have fully converted you to Boden. My work here is done. @northernruth

I was going to say try Boden as their petite range fits me well.

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:19 am

I had a custom fit at levis & the lady was soooo helpful at making me try loads on, so maybe try again? I was surprised to end up with some skinny jeans !

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Well, I've ordered three different pairs of jeans from Boden in a 10 petite size (but they're wideleg, so hopefully will fit around the thighs). With 10% off and free delivery and returns I thought it was worth a try :)

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know how I get one.

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas