hf1

Swimwear

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Swimwear

Postby northernruth » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Anyone seen any nice swimwear out and about?

I don't like underwired or padded bra tops, I prefer a bikini to a swimsuit but tankinis are ok (altho I like the option of a bikini top as well for tanning) and I like nylon type fabrics rather than cotton mix. My two favourites are both way too big now (partly due to age and partly due to dropping a few pounds!) but both have brief type bottoms and a halter top, one in navy and white stripe and one in turquoise and soft yellow with a metal ring at the hip - think 70s bond heroine (well, we can all dream........)

Preferred colours are blues/ greens/ plums/ nautical styles

We are away at easter and all I have seen so far are overly fussy floral numbers that look like pimped up womderbras...........

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Swimwear

Postby scarlet » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:09 pm

I like Sea Folly and What Katie did for a more vintage look swim wear.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:27 pm

White stuff did some nice ones last year... Or was it fat face?

Where are you going?!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:55 pm

Boden always have bikinis that you can mix and match from several styles. No idea what they are like as I'm more of a practical cossie girl myself.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm off on my holidays at the end of May and I've lost a bit of weight and toned up some flab so I need something to make me feel fabulous!

@northernruth What did you get in the end?

@scarlet I'm an hourglass, would either of those places be suitable? I find that mostly women are not expected to have any shape at all so getting a fit is nearly impossible in anything one piece! :-?

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Yeah I think they would both suit hourglass! Asos have loads of swimwear including seafolly and some of there own design for much less ! X

Return to Forest Fashionistas