hf1

Help me! Graduation dinner outfit! Pic added :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Help me! Graduation dinner outfit! Pic added :)

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:28 am

The bling is the head band!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Help me! Graduation dinner outfit!

Postby clothmama » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:30 am

Thanks everyone for your help, sorry was so mental I didn't even have time to come on and reply this week!

northernruth wrote:Do you have much of a waist at the moment? How hot is it there? Can you get away with wearing spanx/ foundation underwear?

I'm going to disagree with some of the above comments (sorry ladies) but I don't think strapless or halterneck is the way to go if you are bigger. I think it can make you look fatter. I like the overall idea of the dress you linked to but I think it needs to be more fitted, and with cap sleeves or similar. Be wary of jersey because it can cling in all the wrong places. A deep V neck is flattering if you have a good cleavage. Palazzo pants are wide trousers and would work with a tunic top.

Will have a quick look on Asos Aus - what size are you?

ETA - kimono tops are also very flattering and fashionable at the moment -they've been around a while but apparently are "in" for SS14 again. You could wear something very simple underneath (dark vest/ cami and palazzo pants with flat sandals) and a glitzy kimono jacket over the top. Big statement necklace and you're there.

Loved your ideas @northernruth but just didn't have time to order anything as post is so slow over here! Hope you approve of me rocking the 20's thing :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:18 am

Looks lovely :thumbsup:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Oh I think that sounds fab. Hope you have a good time

Previous

Return to Forest Fashionistas