hf1

Help me! Graduation dinner outfit! Pic added :)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help me! Graduation dinner outfit!

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:45 pm

I like the bottom ones. Maybe you could wear a light shawl over the top?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby sim » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:13 pm

HVe you looked on the Australian Asos site?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Do you have much of a waist at the moment? How hot is it there? Can you get away with wearing spanx/ foundation underwear?

I'm going to disagree with some of the above comments (sorry ladies) but I don't think strapless or halterneck is the way to go if you are bigger. I think it can make you look fatter. I like the overall idea of the dress you linked to but I think it needs to be more fitted, and with cap sleeves or similar. Be wary of jersey because it can cling in all the wrong places. A deep V neck is flattering if you have a good cleavage. Palazzo pants are wide trousers and would work with a tunic top.

Will have a quick look on Asos Aus - what size are you?

ETA - kimono tops are also very flattering and fashionable at the moment -they've been around a while but apparently are "in" for SS14 again. You could wear something very simple underneath (dark vest/ cami and palazzo pants with flat sandals) and a glitzy kimono jacket over the top. Big statement necklace and you're there.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:04 pm

How are you getting on @clothmama?

As a fellow pear shape I m not sure a maxi dress would work as with all of that material in the lower half they tend to make me look bigger. I find boot cut or kick flare type trousers level out my bum and thighs ( I certainly can t do skinnys, I look like a pea on a stick!). Also something that would bring your waist in like a top that 'wraps' or pretends to.
Or if going for a maxi type style, as @Sim said, something that is fitted to under the bust and then skims things. I like Ruth's kimono style top with a fitted cami or something underneath. It wouldn't suit me as I have no shoulders :roll: not sure about you?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:10 am

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Found something and it is really fun! Slim black pants (they are actually jeans but you can't tell), a black tunic that is totally 20's with tassles at the bottom and lace covered (sounds weird but it is lovely!). I decided to totally embrace the 20's thing and found a diamonte headband to wear on my forehead, a long necklace and simple diamonte studs and little silver sandles to go with it! Am really pleased with what I found, it is simple enough that I will feel comfortable with the slightly OTT crazy shiny things :giggle: I'm off to get my hair done so I'm hoping that they can do it really cool to suit!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:40 am

Pic or it didnt happen! @clothmama !!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:23 pm

Fantastic!
Have a lovely time and don t forget to enjoy yourself!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:59 pm

Will take a proper pic when dressée âne hair done.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Help me! Graduation dinner outfit! Pic added :)

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:28 am

Looks fab can't wait to see it on. Have a fab time tonight

PreviousNext

Return to Forest Fashionistas