Teenage boy fashion?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Teenage boy fashion?

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Josh needs a coat and I'm thinking of ordering online before we go. Can anyone tell me what is 'cool' and what is not? I don't want to get something he won't wear once he starts school or anything like that!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Teenage boy fashion?

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Ooo no idea but I suppose British and French fashion will be different too :/

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Just thinking, I m not sure any of the local teenagers seem to wear coats anyway, just hoodies and then they re shivering :giggle: !

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:44 pm

Are you going to show Josh before you buy? It doesnt matter how in fashion or classic something is with my boys... If they dont like it, they dont want to wear it :roll:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:12 pm

confusinglady wrote:Just thinking, I m not sure any of the local teenagers seem to wear coats anyway, just hoodies and then they re shivering :giggle: !

Oh don't start me, he's been trying to insist he'll be fine with shorts (he wears shorts to school all year round even when cold :roll: ), says he hates jeans. I've managed to find a pair of cargo pants he likes so he has 1 pair of trousers at least! I think he has one hoodie that fits so that is a start! :giggle:

LynniferT wrote:Are you going to show Josh before you buy? It doesnt matter how in fashion or classic something is with my boys... If they dont like it, they dont want to wear it :roll:
Oh absolutely for just the same reason! Bigger issue that winds me up is when they do look / choose then still refuse to wear it!

My avatar
Jellybelly6
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Jellybelly6 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:55 pm

My eldest boy is almost 11. From looking at at the kids at high school they just wear hoodies and get cold and wet. I managed to drag my son into Next and he picked a black bomber style jacket which he appear to like (he will wear it without me getting in to him!). Boys are a nightmare to shop for and I had to actually bribe him to get him to try any on and it was late November before I persauded him that it was truely necessary! :roll:

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:28 pm

Jacob has a thick padded fabric button up coat. I Worry that it's not that waterproof, but it is at least warm, and still gets worn at high school so can't be that bad?
I can post a picture tomorrow if that helps @clothmama?

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Parkas are big fashion here at the moment for secondary school kids. It's like being back in the 80's!

Return to Forest Fashionistas