hf1

Will someone please get me some new clothes?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Will someone please get me some new clothes?

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Unfortunately that skirt and my arse are never going to be friends (although I love it!) but your posts made me laugh so much :barflol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Do all people not have paint splodges on thier clothes ???????? :lookround: :lookround: :giggle:

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:56 pm

@clothmama I turned up last week to a meeting with the under secretary for art and culture at the arts council and realised that although I had scrubbed my hands until they were red raw and I had put on my very smartest clothes what I had failed to scrub was my elbows which were covered in green gloss paint :hohoho: it was clean paint as I had had at least 2 showers since I last used green gloss :hohoho:

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:07 pm

I have a huge problem shopping for clothes, which is why I always have to wear skirts or cropped jeans/trousers, I'm 6ft with a 35" inside leg? Dresses never fit me as the proportions are always wrong and only long tall Sally do decent trousers in the right proportions and length but they are around £100 a pair :shock: in the winter I tend to wear denim shorts and tights, I can't wear long boots as they are all to short for me so as well as my rainbow of converse I have a couple of different pairs of doc martins. I actually have a pair of best docs that have NO paint on them :widesmile:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:14 pm

clothmama wrote:Do all people not have paint splodges on thier clothes ???????? :lookround: :lookround: :giggle:

I am currently wearing a cardigan with an orange splodge on the sleeve (it seemed a good idea to paint with three little ones this morning), a black vest top that Freddie wiped snot on, a dress that is patterned so no idea what's lurking there and a pair of leggings that I caught on a bramble whilst trying to pick the same little ones a blackberry, so have an artistic hole in them

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:33 am

I'm so glad I'm not the only person walking around covered with paint much of the time :hohoho: Mine is usually white as that is what I'm doing the whole house in for starters although there is the odd day of lime rendering which gives a more natural tone but no bright colours :hohoho:

autumnalgirl wrote:I am currently wearing a cardigan with an orange splodge on the sleeve (it seemed a good idea to paint with three little ones this morning), a black vest top that Freddie wiped snot on, a dress that is patterned so no idea what's lurking there and a pair of leggings that I caught on a bramble whilst trying to pick the same little ones a blackberry, so have an artistic hole in them

:giggle: :giggle: Most of my leggings seem to have issues like that too @autumnalgirl Love the snot trail look, I often rock that, my arm seems preferable to a tissue for Rémy!

emmavmorgan wrote:I'm 6ft with a 35" inside leg

Wow I had no idea you are so tall - we'd look funny next to each other, I'm only 5ft2" (I think - 162cm) @emmavmorgan :giggle: I can imagine it must be hard clothes shopping - I struggle too with my big bum and short legs stuff is often very long on me!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 pm

Kate - where are you at? Have you got rid of the hat and bags yet??? @JabberJabber :giggle:

Previous

Return to Forest Fashionistas