Hair ideas? Selfie pics of cut added.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Hair ideas? Selfie pics of cut added.

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:23 am

In prep for going back to work I'm going to get my hair done on Monday, going to get highlights to hide the greys. I want to go shorter although not pixie short like I had in Qld (takes too long to grow out). Has anyone seen any styles that they think could look good? I don't want to look like mutton dressed as lamb but part of my issues with feeling frumpy is just putting my hair into a bun every morning!

All ideas welcome!

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Hair ideas?

Postby JabberJabber » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:41 am

Hey, wait, what?! Going back to work?!

Can you post a pic of your current style?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:23 pm

JabberJabber wrote:Hey, wait, what?! Going back to work?!

I fly out next Saturday for a month in Oz purely to get some hours up. I need to do a minimum of 3 months in every 5 year period in order to keep my registration - it costs about $15,000 (GBP10,000) plus 3 month unpaid work to get it back if you loose it :shock: not prepared to do that - cheaper to head back every year for a month! Luckily my new boss has allowed me to go on the casual pool so I can do it and is giving me shifts so I'm very very lucky really @JabberJabber ! I'm also :panic: - it has been 3 years almost to the day :panic: and with all the iron stuff I'm exhausted so even the thought of the flight has me quaking let alone actually going back to work!

JabberJabber wrote:Can you post a pic of your current style?

Hmmmmm which style would that be :hohoho: :hohoho: I'll try to get some selfies :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Here I am :hohoho: :hohoho: - my phone is playing up so having trouble so thought I'd have a look through some ideas!
I like the length being all one still so easy to grow out but mine wouldn't look like this as I have really fine hair!
I have been having a longer at the front, shorter up the back bob and I'm a bit bored bored bored. I don't want to go short pixie like I had as that was a nightmare to grow out but thinking about a long short style that will make me want to spend 2 seconds styling it rather than putting it up. Thinking those above type styles might do it?

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Embrace the grey :hohoho: this is what I currently have :widesmile:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Maybe too short, not sure if it would work a bit longer or not
Not sure if I'd wish I'd gone a bit more interesting, I think this is just a very slightly shorter version of what I usually start with. Actually I have just realised this is the picture I took to the hairdresser in the UK 2 Christmases ago LOL!
This I actually really like but I have a pretty tiny forehead so not sure how it would work (and hair in my face annoys me :giggle: ):
Too busy?:

Too boring or simple and nice? She isn't as stunning as the other models which I shouldn't even say but does that make a difference to how I feel about the cut :oops: :giggle:
I'm terrible for tucking my hair behind my ears regardless of what the style is supposed to do so this could work as look like it kind of does it!:

Or should I just have my normal angled bob? J just made a big deal of how lovely my hair is when I have it down (never :hohoho: ).

Will try again to upload my pics of current cut if my phone is playing ball!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:27 pm

So I've clearly had it I need new hair and new clothes!!!!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm rubbish at stuff like this which is why mine is pretty much permanently in a mum bun :giggle: :oops: !

I like all those above. Will you want/need to tie it up for work at all?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Finally managed to upload the selfie pics I took the other night. Hair up like usual:
And down:Image
Can someone explain why my nose looks big in selfies when its jot at all!?

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas