hf1

Wedding dressing and hair / accesories help!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Wedding dressing and hair / accesories help!

Postby clothmama » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:42 pm

So I found a dress today :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: in my head was after maybe a 40s style but ended up with a very 60s looking one :hohoho: . It is pale gold with flared sleeves and is lined - a bit worried about the cold so thinking I could even put a tight black long top underneath if I need to.
Here it is:
Quite sparkely :love:
I have a couple of bags:

Thoughts at this early just found the dress stage are thick black tights (apparently the barn wedding venue is not warm :shock: :shock: ) and if I can fit into them (are pre kids) some quite high black boots I have (although wonder if they are too chunky and where they are and if they fit :hohoho: :hohoho: ) or that I can buy some new black heels as I dont' have any. Other ideas please!?

Thinking of some sort of shawl or somthing as don't want to wear my boring day to day black overcoat - but what colour / style would go?

Was going to get my hair done this week back to a short choppy bob but now thinking with this dress maybe I should leave it and learn to do a beehive or something?????? anyone got any other ideas / thoughts?

ETA jwellery and accesories - I have (where??) a delicate black stoned collar necklace which I though would work or the other idea I had is some mad chunky fake pearls on neck and wrist. What do you think???
Look forward to some help :hohoho:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Wedding dressing and hair / accesorries help!

Postby autumnalgirl » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:43 pm

I am rubbish at this kind of thing, but I'd say boots. If it's going to be cold then maybe tights with black leggings?!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Defo not the pink bag, the the black is really cool! Dig out the boots, I think with think black tights or leggings it would look great. Quite 60s!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:47 pm

Wow, typo central, and I'm not even on the grape juice!

Try it on and take a pic..

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Found the boots and wore them all morning and they are really comfy (really not sure why I stopped wearing them :loopy: even though they are firmish they are not too tight and not too short (which for some reason I thought they were!). Make my legs look longer which is saying something but they are pretty high!!).

I also found a coat thing when I was out this evening! I think it will look really good - it is the most lovely soft fabric :love: I'm hoping I won't need to wear it all the time (surely it won't be that cold!!!!) but at least it is far more stylish than my old coat (which I can't find :x ). The collar comes off so I think I'll get lots of wear out of it as it can be dressed up or down!

@ems101 I'll try it all on tomorrow now I have found the boots and see how it is looking!!

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:36 pm

What did I miss? Who is getting married? You @clothmama? Or are you going to one? :giggle: anyway nice dress :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Aeseldyr wrote:What did I miss? Who is getting married? You @clothmama? Or are you going to one? :giggle: anyway nice dress :thumbsup:

Not keeping your eye on new chat @Aeseldyr :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: My brother is getting married in Wales on the weekend. I'm flying back Friday night to the UK and home Monday! With everything else being crazy and lack of funds it has been a bit of a stress getting something to wear!!!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Freezing here tonight! What's the weather forecast for the weekend...wet! Lovely! :giggle:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:44 pm

Die you try it on? I looks good on the hanger!!

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas