My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Skincare

Postby MissFrodo » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Rox wrote:
MissFrodo wrote:Wow just checked them online and :shock: at the prices

Theyre not actually that bad, about on par if not a little cheaper in some cases than other 'premium' skincare brands like Decleor, Clinique etc (tho i dont like clinique as not natural formulations)

Liz Earle is very reasonably priced and was one of the reasons i loved it for many, many years - but when i stopped getting results it was time to change.

I get months and months of usage out of my skincare routine and often buy when special offers are on, or have family buy for me on Birthdays/Christmas etc. TBH - skincare is one thing i dont mind paying for, it will pay off in the long run.

Yes that's true, I noticed the cream 60 pounds and clicked away :giggle:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Nooo, can def get cheaper than that. But yes, expensive.

Saying it, it all depends on your skin i guess? Some people are blessed with wonderful skin and a bar of soap works for them (my grandma has almost no wrinkles and has been using some awful green soap since the dawn of time :hohoho: )

My mum however does not, and i seem to be on her side sadly with boils, blemishes etc and because of this i've had a good skincare routine since i was about 18, they say the earlier you start, the more chance you have of keeping it looking youthful :lookround: :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:42 pm

I use Liz Earle altho at the moment I have some Clinique extra mild facial soap which is similar tbh, I use it with the hot cloth from the Liz Earle system. I use a clinique toner when I remember and I find that helps keep the blemishes away, and a variety of different anti ageing creams/ serums/ moisturisers - at the moment its Repairwear Serum by CLinique which I got for Christmas. Once that's done I'll go back to the Clarins facial oil that I was using.

I do think for anti ageing the only things that work are those that have a high proportion of Retinol in them, so I do tend to buy the Roc products when they are on offer. The only thing that can halt the ageing of the skin tho is good suncream. The other products just "undo" some of the damage, but most of it is caused by sun exposure.

I also have been known to use Gengigel on my face (it's an oral product for gums but high in Hyaluoronic acid which can help regenerate collagen) and my cleaner swears by 6 soluble aspirin crushed into a paste twice a week - its effectively salycylic acid which is used in some chemical peels!!!!

Like Rox says tho, a lot of it is genetics and finding something that works on your skin - I also think your skin gets "tired" of products but maybe that's an old wives tale.

The best anti ageing product I ever had was Philosophy retinol capsules from the US, you can't buy them here tho :cry:

Sorry, not sure any of that answered the original question!!! :giggle:

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:34 am

Another Liz Earle fan here, have been using it since before my wedding when I was looking for good products to prep for photos :hohoho: I've always used something and have gone from Clinque to Clarins to Simple... Alsorts, but the moment I'm settled with LE :D Need to have a look at Elemis now though :wink:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:06 am

I think skin does get used to products Ruth. Liz Earle was great for me to start with but the effects got less and less over time.

I'd forgotten all about Philosophy as I have used some of their products in the past. I might have to go to JL next week and have a look.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Theres an offer on here for Elemis :wink:

http://www.salonskincare.co.uk/specials ... 4Qod8Q2AjA

My avatar
sexyjacksparrow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sexyjacksparrow » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:42 pm

I am a bit of a skincare junkie and so keep changing my mind on what I want to use :oops:

I've had good results from Liz Earle. Also love Lush's stuff though none of their moisturisers suit me for day time. I've been using Lush's Vanishing Cream moisturiser at night and Boots Botanics sentitive in the day and it's worked well for a while but this last week or so my skin seems to be starting to look/feel greasy again.

I hate chopping and changing and just want to find my perfect combination :lol:

Previous

Return to Forest Fashionistas