hf1

Thinking of having.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Thinking of having.

Postby northernruth » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:08 pm

OK so not a great departure but today I put on a (really old!!!!) pair of khaki cropped trousers with a big turn up. I'm wearing them with a black polo neck and a huge tweedy roll neck sleeveless tunic over the top, and i do think it looks better than with my jeans!!!

May chance a skirt tomorrow :wink:

nabroc wrote:This morning I counted my jeans...23 pairs....not including the ones in the wash :oops: :oops: Think it may be time for a clearout :giggle:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :giggle:

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:28 pm

northernruth wrote:
nabroc wrote:This morning I counted my jeans...23 pairs....not including the ones in the wash :oops: :oops: Think it may be time for a clearout :giggle:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :giggle:

I know :oops: I still have pairs from being around 15...Definitely time for a clearout!! :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:31 pm

I would join you but I don't have enough skirts, tunics, jumper dresses to last me through.
Today I am wearing leggings and a very ethnic tunic top (looks a bit maternity though to me :giggle: )

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:37 pm

If I ditched my jeans at the minute I would be running around in my knickers - not a good look for me :hohoho:

Im going to take some inspiration from you though - once bubs is born I will need a complete new wardrobe, so will try and restrict myself to a few pairs, and see what else I can buy to cover my bottom half - though I cringe at the thought of me in a skirt, shorts, a dress :shock: etc., so I may well need some advice from all you fashionistas :wink:

My avatar
moo54
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby moo54 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:49 pm

good luck! Can't join you though unless I can stay in my PJs 24/7? :oops:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:11 pm

OK mini update - yesterday and today I wore an old pale denim a line skirt, very Stella A/W 2010, yesterday paired with a plum sweater (not so good) and today a blue check shirt with pussy bow neck and a grey knit waistcoat (both Gap) - loved this look today. Both days with knee high distressed brown boots and pale wooly tights.

Had to change the shirt for a jumper this afternoon as went for a walk BUT tucked the jumper in and wore the waistcoat on top!!! :wine:

Seriously ladies, it's such a revelation, I am finding things to wear (and ways of wearing them) that are completely new to me!!!!

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:26 pm

I reckon I could easily do this in the summer when my legs 'come out' but I live I jeans throughout the winter. However I have worn a denim skirt with black tights, black boots and a jumper for the last two days. Both DDs were very complimentary - Leila said "You look just like one of my Polly Pockets mummy!" :hohoho: (I think that's a compliment anyway)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:30 pm

I wore jeans today but only because I didn't want to wear anthing too short to the nursery visit and the only trousers I have are jeans.
Ruth that sounds lovely, I used to love waistcoats but the last few I tried on wear too short and I can't do bows x

My avatar
mineemo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mineemo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Well i cant join u as i only have 2 pairs of jeans that actually fit me and 1 pair are cropped, Might only wear them once a wk or so anyway. I need to get out of my comfy asda 3 squid joggers and slummy t-shirts. Thats pretty much what i wear everyday. If it was down to me i wouldnt bother gettin dressed at all apart from shoppin day but i have to as have to do school run each day.
When was at college ( when younger) u would never see me in the same outfit twice in a month or i would dress it different if did, but since just b4 havin dd i lost all that and lost the will i think. I kinda view it as well im not goin out so y bother to dress up just to slum around the house. I do own some nice tops that do fit, the odd pair of nicer trousers that sort of fit and then i have 2 dresses. 1 black one and one floral strapless shortish cocktail type dress, The floral one has never been worn and the black one has been worn twice in about 3 yrs, and that was at xmas when pg with ds and once for somethin else, but i dont do skirts and my wardrobe is pretty crap really, I dont see the point in buyin new things that fit now when im wantin to loose some weight, But if i see somethin i like that i cant get into i get all upset with myself and go eat a choc bar or somethin junky lol. Real bad catch 22.
ps I dont wear make up hardly ever, altho i own loads of it, and my hair well that does get dyed alot and thats one thing i do keep up with most the time. Total slum i think with it all.
Am goin out in a couple of wks with a load of college mates not seen in about 10 yrs and need to find somethin decent but god knows what. Altho i can do shoes - well boots anyway, fancy boots not a problem as i buy shoes that i like then just never get to wear them as they dont go with what i wear or they for if i ever go out kinda thing lol.

Good luck with the rest of ur jean free wk x

Previous

Return to Forest Fashionistas