hf1

Find me bump friendly non-maternity dresses/tunics/kaftans

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Find me bump friendly non-maternity dresses/tunics/kaftans

Postby queen bee » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:04 pm

I hate wearing proper maternity clothes but my bump is really showing now. I want to find some non-maternity dresses that will stretch over a growing bump and be flattering rather than fattening iykwim.

I absolutely love White Stuff. I have this dress and it looks great with my bump. http://www.whitestuff.com/POPPIES-DRESS-P30612/

That will give you an idea of my style.

Please find me some clothes that will make me feel 'Yummy Mummy' rather than '(Fat) Tummy Mummy'
ETA: big bust alert - so need deep v's etc rather than high necklines

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Find me bump friendly non-maternity dresses/tunics/kaftans

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Have you looked at Asos maternity? None of my dresses particularly look like maternity ones I don't think.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:18 pm

if you like white stuff, they're having a 20% off on thursday... they usually have lots of tops that are suitable for bumps.

i know you said not maternity... but i got a noppies brand dress from yummy mummy, and it looks like a non-maternity dress and was absolutely lovely on. also got one of their tops and it too doesn't look maternity. they're made of very very stretchy fabric though so they accommodate even the largest of bumps. i'd say they're definitely worth checking out.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Have you tried H&M, Newlook etc x

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Louise wrote:Have you looked at Asos maternity? None of my dresses particularly look like maternity ones I don't think.

I've just had a look Louise. There are some gorgeous dresses - and really not too maternity-looking. What are their sizes like? Not sure whether to get a 12 or a 14.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:17 pm

I have the Inspire tunics (both colours) from White Stuff and they are really lovely but very loose fitting. You could easily get away with one of those. I bought a size 8 and its still loose. I wear mine a lot (even got one on now).

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:55 pm

queen bee wrote:
Louise wrote:Have you looked at Asos maternity? None of my dresses particularly look like maternity ones I don't think.

I've just had a look Louise. There are some gorgeous dresses - and really not too maternity-looking. What are their sizes like? Not sure whether to get a 12 or a 14.

I am a 12 and have mainly got size 12 dresses. Although the coat I bought I had to send back and get a 10.

Return to Forest Fashionistas