hf1

Find me a

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Find me a

Postby g murphy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:21 pm

white gold claddagh ring please! I really want one for my wedding ring! i can not afford to spend a fortune either so really nothing over about £60. xxx

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Find me a

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:29 pm

bit more expensive but not much and much nicer than the ones you tend to get today http://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Ladies-Di ... B000X6W0TU

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:41 pm

ooh that is nice! have bookmarked it! i may be tempted into spending the extra money. xx :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:49 pm

g.murphy wrote:ooh that is nice! have bookmarked it! i may be tempted into spending the extra money. xx :giggle: :giggle:

:wine: I thought it looked more wedding ring'y if that makes sense, think it is because it is a band x

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:01 pm

These aren't claddagh rings but are celtic. There's a huge range and reasonable prices as well.

http://www.ionashop.com/prodtype.asp?st ... Position=1

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 am

You should keep in mind that white gold is not as durable as yellow gold - especially if worn with another ring, the white gold will wear off over time and expose the yellow gold under it (white gold is just a plating ontop of yellow gold)

You can get them re-coated but this is added expense for something you are planning to wear for your lifetime.

The only way round this is platinum but at considerable more expense... just incase you didnt know :hug:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 am

cat27m wrote:These aren't claddagh rings but are celtic. There's a huge range and reasonable prices as well.

http://www.ionashop.com/prodtype.asp?st ... Position=1

Those Shetland rings are beautiful!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 am

Wouldn't have thought you could wear another ring with a claddagh just because of the design.
I agree with Rox but as you are on a budget then white gold is prob for the best, I have had white gold jewellery for a lot of years and it is just fine and doesn't dull like platinum

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:36 am

Kirstyh wrote:Wouldn't have thought you could wear another ring with a claddagh just because of the design.
I agree with Rox but as you are on a budget then white gold is prob for the best, I have had white gold jewellery for a lot of years and it is just fine and doesn't dull like platinum

Or she could go for yellow gold.

White gold is fine and i wasnt suggesting platinum as def out of budget, i just know that if its to be worn everyday, especially a ring then it will need re plating over time to keep it looking good.

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas