hf1

Anyone had eyelashes dyed in salon or at home

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Anyone had eyelashes dyed in salon or at home

Postby HighlandMum » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Ive had mine done, it didnt make a huge difference to me as my eyelashes arent that fair, but it was noticable to an extent. If you have very fair eyelashes you will see a big difference and wont need mascara so id say it was worth it :) Its not that expensive so id say its worth a try :)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:34 pm

My eyelashes are soo short, life is so unfair :giggle: I will get round to getting myself booked in for a full set of individual lashes that last for ages though

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:47 pm

I've had mine done at a salon a couple of times and really liked it, especially for hols etc when you don't want to wear make up during the day.

Like Scarlet, I have blonde ends to my lashes so made quite a difference for me.

I saw a DIY kit in Tesco the other day and considered it, but I'm a bit too scared to do it myself (DH would never help me out, he's too squeamish).

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:52 pm

In a past life I was a beauty therapist :giggle: and tints was one of my favourite treatments to do as its so easy and gives great results.
But wouldn't ever do my own. You have to apply with a mascara wand when doing your own and don't think this gives as good results as applied with a brush is salon, plus I think its easier for the dye gets into your eyes which can be painful.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Ooh! I think I might get mine done sometime. I can't wear mascara - I hate the feeling of it (feels all gunky and like glue! :lol: ).

Wonder what colour would be best to go for. I'm about to have my hair dyed a really bright pinky red colour.

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Wed May 25, 2011 8:43 am

I did it!

Pleased with it. Chickened out of really dark so went for brown/black. As my lashes are so fair it has made a good difference but Id go for black next time. I would so not do it myself after knowing what is involved!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed May 25, 2011 11:00 am

I used to do mine myself, it was about £8 for the box and was enough for quite a few months of use if not longer. I haven't done it in years, I may well start again. Our local salon charges £16 for a go, and to me that's not worth it, if it was cheaper then I'd consider it.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed May 25, 2011 11:05 am

If anyone has a Boyes (http://www.boyes.co.uk/stores/store_finder.html) shop near you, they do kits for £4.99. Haven't tried mine out yet.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Heather London wrote:I did it!

Pleased with it. Chickened out of really dark so went for brown/black. As my lashes are so fair it has made a good difference but Id go for black next time. I would so not do it myself after knowing what is involved!

Ooh I'd love to see a pic. I'm still thinking about having them done. PM me if you don't want to put it on here? Go on, I'd really love to see the effect. :wink:

Helen xx

PreviousNext

Return to Forest Fashionistas