hf1

BE Brushes - Rox?

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

BE Brushes - Rox?

Postby HighlandMum » Tue May 31, 2011 8:29 pm

Ive got *ahem* a few eyeshadows coming, among other things :giggle: are the BE eye brushes any different to "normal" eyeshadow brushes? I have some eyeshadow brushes i have had for a while (i used to hate those applicator thingys) but ive not used mineral shadows before so wasnt sure if the brushes were different.

TIA :wink:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: BE Brushes - Rox?

Postby docmaggoo » Tue May 31, 2011 8:51 pm

I use BE - and totally love it.
Its been the 1st eyeshadow Ive ever used properly - and i got mine in a kit with all the brushes included - so to be honest, Im only ever used BE brushes.
but for me - who is rubbish at doing eye makeup well, they are so easy to use and I can actually make my eye makeup look half decent!
i suppose it depends on how you are and what quality your other brushes are.

what eyeshadows have you got?
i love celestine.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue May 31, 2011 8:56 pm

I have got both these sets coming :oops: I love it already and i only got my starter kit 2 weeks ago.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/ ... rs-_-page1

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/ ... .UKHB~U050

Ive looked at the website and the eyeshadow brushes look like normal ones to me but i wanted to double check. Id rather not spend £20+ on brushes if i can get away with it.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 31, 2011 8:57 pm

I am going to raid the BE counter at the weekend, I am dull with eyeshadow though and tend to go for smokey colours, I need more foundation but have found it for £17 online as opposed to £22 instore.
I want lipsticks and glosses x
JEnna, I have found good brushes make a difference

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Love that first set Jenna

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue May 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Im not sure as tbh before i really got into BE i didnt wear eyeshadow. So once i started experimenting it was just easy to buy their brushes (plus they often come in kits)

The only thing i do know is that you need brushes to not be too densly packed as they either wont pick up the minerals well, or when you apply will be too heavy with the colour. Only thing to do really is try what you have, if you dont get on with it then you have options. Just to note, i find Ebay is cheap for their brushes.

The first set is lovely, i have a similar one - its a great way to inject colour!

Who ever said Celestine is nice i totally agree, lush - you should try Moss if you like that as its similar in style/shade and equally as gorgeous.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Tue May 31, 2011 10:02 pm

Thankyou :) i will have a look about online to see if i can find some good buys on the brushes. My ocd will probably mean i have to have everything the same and will crack if my brushes dont match :hohoho:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Rox » Tue May 31, 2011 10:16 pm

HighlandMum wrote:Thankyou :) i will have a look about online to see if i can find some good buys on the brushes. My ocd will probably mean i have to have everything the same and will crack if my brushes dont match :hohoho:

Thats me :oops: Even had to buy a new foundation brush as the one i got with a set hand a green handle and all my others were black :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Its funny, only some things in life really do that to me and it appears matching brushes is one of them. Probably explains why i dont have a mix mash of make up brands too or skincare even, i like them all to be from the same brand if i can :lookround:

Return to Forest Fashionistas