hf1

Whilst we're talking shoes.Wellies. Hunters!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Whilst we're talking shoes.Wellies. Hunters!

Postby ems » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:46 pm

I just bought some wellies :oops: I know my feet hardly ever touch the ground, but my trainers have been completely ruined at the allotment, and I'm getting bruises up my legs, grazed ankles etc. So I went for some Hunters in Chocolate .. ps.. if anyone is about to buy any hunters.. the kids sizes go up to adult size 5 ;) Slightly less, and minus VAT! LOL yay! The cheapest I could find the original tall from a proper online shop was £54 and the Juniors are only £34 :)
Now I am usually rather a traditionalist with wellies, and would only ever go for green, but I couldn't resist the chocolate :hohoho:

Now my choice was actually between the crocs wellies named Jaunt.. (in espresso), but the reviews are very mixed and to be honest they look a bit too trendy, and a bit clumpy, rather wide looking and I;m not sure the shoe part of them would fit on my footplate! The Hunters original tall was really the only option which I would consider.. which would have come right up to my knees I think and then I saw the junior pair that is just slightly shorter, but not as short as the hunters original short, at a really good price.. well.. thats my allotment foot wear sorted out!

So if anyone is a 5 or under.. do consider the Junior version!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Whilst we're talking shoes.Wellies. Hunters!

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:58 pm

I should be so lucky with my feet :giggle:

I want to get some hunters this year, tall ones and some of their socks that roll over the top x

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:00 pm

oh I saw those.. nice fleece wellie warmers with cable design to go over the top of the wellies.. sure there are more.. but I have my eyes on those LOL

My avatar
Soozi
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Soozi » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Recently sold mine from when I was a teenager - loved them but no good for short fat legs :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 pm

ems wrote:oh I saw those.. nice fleece wellie warmers with cable design to go over the top of the wellies.. sure there are more.. but I have my eyes on those LOL

yes there is quite a few designs and in all colours, there is even furry ones :giggle:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Love the Hunter wellies and if I can, will treat myself to a pair this Winter :) I have a cheap £20 pair I bought last year and they are rubbish really, the Hunters are expensive but well worth the money as they would last me a few years :)

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:28 pm

I love hunters, they're so comfy! Shame my feet are too big for the kids' ones :giggle:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:04 pm

I must be in the minority but they rub my feet :(

My avatar
ponygirl
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ponygirl » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm

I'm in the minority too as I found they split really easily then I got wet feet :(

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas