hf1

Hand cream for VERY dry hands?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Hand cream for VERY dry hands?

Postby Caroline » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:22 pm

My hands get dry very quickly then split and bleed. I've never found a hand cream that really makes any difference or doesn't sting to the point that I need to wash it off. So I'm after recommendations. What do you all use? My hands have their first split of this season already :roll:

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Hand cream for VERY dry hands?

Postby Mungo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:26 pm

I'll be watching this thread as I have a similar problem. I do find it helps to moisturise every time I wash my hands, but haven't found that perfect cream.

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:27 pm

Well, I would say the strongest is norweigan formula, which is a very thick vaseline, but I think anything's going to sting. I suppose the best thing to do is try and use gloves as much as possible, and use cream every day, so they don't get that bad.

Either that, or could you use olive oil or a natural oil? They always seems to be strong moisturisers, but very delicate.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:28 pm

I might have to use some of my CJ's cream.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:29 pm

i get cracking around my knuckles, and the only hand cream that i've found is one that i think is nivea and it has macadamia nut oil in it.

other than that, i use my paw paw salve - doesn't have the nice hand cream feel, but fixes the sore bits in no time.

when my hands are like that i find i need to be extra vigilant about making sure i dry my hands properly after washing them, that helps too.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:31 pm

I don't rate much from Avon but the christmas hand lotion is divine :) Really works well for me and DH :lol:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:33 pm

The best thing I have found for my hands (which used to be just like that with the splits) is to use a bar of natural soap. I rarely need to bother with a moisturiser, but as soon as I go anywhere and use normal soap they start to hurt.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:36 pm

I had this last year, really, really sore :( Neutrogena Norwegian Formula one is really amazing, it works fabulously on really raw hands. It really is used by fishermen on the islands north of Germany and Norway (DH used to live on the islands and knew loads of people that used it, men included), so it really does work on even the driest and most hardworking hands LOL.

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:37 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:I had this last year, really, really sore :( Neutrogena Norwegian Formula one is really amazing, it works fabulously on really raw hands. It really is used by fishermen on the islands north of Germany and Norway (DH used to live on the islands and knew loads of people that used it, men included), so it really does work on even the driest and most hardworking hands LOL.

I tried that but found it way too greasy :-(

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas