hf1

Man bag opinions

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Man bag opinions

Postby sim » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:04 pm

DH needs a man bag as he loses stuff all the time. He needs to be able to fit A4 docs in it for work.

He works at a tertiary contemporary music institution and is 40 (those two things are in no way related :giggle: !). He wants this bag...

What do you think? I am undecided...

My avatar
poppysmum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Man bag opinions

Postby poppysmum » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:17 pm

I like it :)

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Hmmm ... it looks like the sort of thing that Jack & his mates take to school tbh ... not sure if that is just the trend at Secondary Schools here or if it's everywhere but there is a danger he could look like a school kid :giggle:

We bought DH a gorgeous leather satchel in Florence & that looks fab with suits or casual.

His is this sort of thing, not too structured or new & shiny looking

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:27 pm

I like it but I like zoeys bag too :D

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:34 pm

zoeyboo wrote:Hmmm ... it looks like the sort of thing that Jack & his mates take to school tbh ... not sure if that is just the trend at Secondary Schools here or if it's everywhere but there is a danger he could look like a school kid :giggle:

We bought DH a gorgeous leather satchel in Florence & that looks fab with suits or casual.

His is this sort of thing, not too structured or new & shiny looking

This one is far better, Kieran would choose the other one as a school bag :oops:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:44 pm

I prefer the first one, it's funkier :D

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:50 pm

zoeyboo wrote:Hmmm ... it looks like the sort of thing that Jack & his mates take to school tbh ... not sure if that is just the trend at Secondary Schools here or if it's everywhere but there is a danger he could look like a school kid :giggle:

No danger of that :hohoho: :hohoho:

See, I would choose the type of leather bag you posted but I don't want to come over all fashion :judge:

Perhaps he needs both :giggle:

My avatar
zoeyboo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby zoeyboo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:53 pm

sim wrote:

No danger of that :hohoho: :hohoho:

See, I would choose the type of leather bag you posted but I don't want to come over all fashion :judge:

Perhaps he needs both :giggle:

The only other thing I'd say is that Jack is currently on his 3rd bag of that type in 18 months, regardless of make/quality they don't seem to last, they wear through on the bottom (and he doesn't drag it about) and the zips go. If he wants it to use every day then I would go for something more hardwearing like the leather ones.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:02 pm

I like bags like this Image
or this Image

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas