hf1

I hate shopping

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

I hate shopping

Postby northernruth » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:16 pm

That's it really. Love clothes, hate shopping. Had a day in town today in theory to get new clothes for work and I just didn't manage to find anything I liked. Tried on jackets in Whistles that didn't fit, blouses in Zara that were too tight across the chest (I am practically flat chested) and bought a dress from Topshop that fits but makes me look, well, just weird.

Finally decided just to go to Reiss and hang the expense (always get sorted in Reiss) and it looked like someone had vomited the late eighties all over the shop. Not impressed.

Fed up. I want someone to wave a magic wand, take £500 out of my bank account and provide me with a new work wardrobe.

And don't even get me started on shoes...........

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: I hate shopping

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:40 pm

I feel you pain, Zara is just depressing as their clothes can be so tiny, I did love their mat jeans but they don't do them any more. Feel my pain when you are the size of a whale and there is nothing in the shops that doesn't make you look even bigger, seems I am meant to like the fake cami style top sewn into a cardi!!!!!

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:43 pm

I struggle so much to find clothes that actually fit me properly,I like and suit my shape. Petite ranges are, well, petite. I feel your pain.

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:53 pm

I know how you feel Ruth, nothing ever looks right on me even though they look great on the hanger. I didnt think I was that oddly shaped but maybe I am :-? :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Cj2011 wrote:I know how you feel Ruth, nothing ever looks right on me even though they look great on the hanger. I didnt think I was that oddly shaped but maybe I am :-? :giggle:

Exactly! Thing is, I'm perfectly happy with my body until I get into a changing room!!! I have lots of clothes at home that fit me and look nice. Why can't I find any new ones to buy?????

My avatar
Cj2011
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Cj2011 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:58 pm

I find that always happens when I have money to spend, but on a day I have no money I'd have no bother finding lovely clothes :evil:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 pm

im no help, i buy all my clothes in sainsburys when im doing a shop. I hate shopping too (TU do do some nice clothes!)

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:51 pm

I think the problem is that I've not had to buy that much this last year while I've been off and Gap and Topshop have met most of my needs :D . But I need more tailored stuff for work, and while I love the dresses that I've bought, I don't want to wear heels all the time (so need some smart flat boots) and also I don't really like suits for girls - I prefer matching top and trousers/ skirt with a contract jacket.

I do have two pairs of cropped (ankle lenth) black trousers and a nice boyfriend black tuxedo jacket. Also a pair of cropped navy wool trousers. So would be good to get a cobalt blue jacket or other colour that would work with both black and navy (will wear polo necks to match the trousers if I have a contrast jacket). Also have a fitted grey tweed dress and a fitted knock 'em dead in the boardroom black dress. But I'm short a load of tops, and I did use to wear skirts a lot but tbh my old work skirts are a bit dated and anyway, I'm getting a bit old to wear White Stuff to the office :-? .

My style is either mod or seventies, I like a bit of an edge even with work clothes, and I'm tall so a lot of tops (and some trousers) come up too short. Any ideas gratefully received.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:34 pm

I feel your pain!
I used to love browsing clothes shops as a student, and could always find stuff I liked & wanted & needed.
But not anymore
I hate it. Not only having to deal with shops and changing rooms in the first place (thats a rant & moan in its self)
But I cannot find anything i like.
I tend to stick to the same things now as a result.
I live in jeans permanently at the moment.
the supermarkets are where I end up at the moment and buy 'the best of a bad job'

Im dreading needing work clothes when i go back to work :( :(
I have to look smart, it be practical for bending over patients, getting on the floor, running if needed, bear below the elbows, pockets in trousers to carry my equipment/paper! arrrhhhh!

Next

Return to Forest Fashionistas