Night out outfit. HELP! I need ideas.

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Night out outfit. HELP! I need ideas.

Postby mummy_goose1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:00 pm

hi ladies,
from other posts i have been watching... you ladies really know your stuff... so i am begging for your help!!
I have a night out coming up at the end of nov, and i would love to treat myself to a new outfit.
I hate shopping (seriously - absolutely hate it!!!) and have pretty poop body image.... and coz i know nothing about fashion i have NO idea what suits me and what doesn't....... (i may well be a lost cause....)

SO - me....
I am 5 foot 6 ish,
a good size 14, prob nearing 16...
The only feature i actually like are my boobs (34E) but i have to be careful... or can look tarty...
i have large hips and thighs...
tummy isn't tooooooo bad (but far from washboard!!!
arms are ok, but the tops have def got wobblier....!

i would like a dress.....
and shoes
i am a bit rubbish with heels... but dont want flat.....

Help ME!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh: :doh: :panic: :panic: :eek: :eek: :drama:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Night out outfit. HELP! I need ideas.

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Okay you may hate it but I'm quite liking Gok's range at TU for Sainsbury's there are a couple of dress and a really nice jacket kimono style.
Other than that I like the nice dress company's dresses I'm plan in in getting one for a Bar Mitzvah we've got coming up guess it depend on how formal the evening is.
I use to be great for shopping for myself but these days if it's not for the babies I generally end up in the next directory or the supermarket.

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:14 pm

From your body shape I would go for a v or scoop neck top as anything else will make your bust look bigger. Anything with detail around the bust is a big no no too as that can cheapen any outfit on a larger busted lady. What is your waist like? Are you curvy, so something with a nipped in waist??? What colours do you like? What's you colouring/hair colour?

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:20 pm

Caroline wrote:What is your waist like? Are you curvy, so something with a nipped in waist??? What colours do you like? What's you colouring/hair colour?

umm.. i have a bit of a waist... but not a major one!!! i have light brown hair, with a lightly tanned skin tone. brown eyes.
i tend to stick to autominal colours... im not normally brave enough for bold colour!! but i am open to all suggestions......!!!!!!!!!

Return to Forest Fashionistas