Did you bother with bf clothes?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Did you bother with bf clothes?

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:28 pm

:hohoho: Kirsty
I have never bothered with bf clothing or anything to cover up to be fair. I'm only little though so Austin covered my belly and if anyone could see anything they would have been looking far too close! I dont plan on buying any this time either apart from underwear, its an expense we can do without tbh.

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:31 pm

I have a couple of dresses from asos and a top from matalan, I do love how I can just throw them on without worrying about vests or bump bands underneath. I have got a couple of normal dresses with crossover fronts that I can a boob out of over the top and just use a muslin to cover up or wear with a cardi and use that to cover up

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby scarlet » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 pm

I didn't with dd but next time round I will. Yes they are expensive ( apart from h&m) but I know I will be breastfeeding for a long time ( currently still feeding dd) so it make's it worth the money. I just remember feeling not myself in vest's and shirts , so think the cost is worth it. Same goes for nursing bra's I'd rather have a couple of expensive but pretty bra's than those awful training bra style things from m&s.
I would get a couple of key pieces like a smart dress, casual dress and a couple of tops. Then you can mix and match. :thumbsup:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:42 pm

I bought some when Darcie was tiny but never bothered with them and the ones that I did wear i never actually used the drop down feature...i just lifted them up and fed like that :D

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:47 pm

I love my bf vests and alo found bump bands didn't stay in place

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:49 pm

i have 2 bf tops which i barely wear! just usually wear a cami under any top so i dont flash much lol!

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:55 pm

I mainly wear cheapo vest tops under other loose tops. oh and I've bought some normal wrap dressed and tops and the cross over ones that I can just lop a boob out of. I have bought breastfeeding bras which I do use but I flipping hate them as I am realy big busted and I can never find one that's comfy enough and supportive enough. :-)

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:01 pm

I got a couple of nice BF t-shirts from MamaFeelsGood.com, they were half price, and designs that I would normally wear, and I still wear them lots! I would buy from them again :thumbsup: I had a frugi BF top (was in the sale) which was huge on me, and another from a Jojomamanbebe sale, and I didn't wear either much. I never saw any BFing dress that I liked. Good nursing bras were worth the money though!

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:I have bought breastfeeding bras which I do use but I flipping hate them as I am realy big busted and I can never find one that's comfy enough and supportive enough. :-)

^Completely agree, trying to find properly supportive nursing bras for bigger boobs is a nightmare, after 3 babies I need a lot of scaffolding to keep them where they should be :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Forest Fashionistas