hf1

Hair help

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Hair help

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Ok, so I'm getting myself made over before peanut arrives so I feel a bit better about myself now I am the size of an elephant.

I managed to get a great pamper deal, which includes colour and cut (as well as mani/pedi, massage, facial etc)

Please give me some advice on how I could have my hair, so that it looks nice if I leave it to dry naturally (don't do faffing on a daily basis) but that I can still do something to for going out (I have dryer,straighteners and various curling bits). I'd like to go a bit shorter so it's easier to maintain with a nb - should I have a fringe?

Also, what colours do you think? I get a 'top panel of highlights or lowlights'.

Here is a recent-ish pic of me.

And this was me with a fringe:

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Hair help

Postby Rox » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:20 am

I like you without a fringe better, your eyes are a really nice feature and they are shown off best in the top pic.

I think your hair in the top pic looks lovely, perhaps get a good cut with a bit of softening around the face x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:34 am

Wow, never seen a pic of you Lucie and you're so pretty :)

I agree with Rox, no fringe. Fringes require faffing, unless you just clip it back which kinda thingies the point in getting it cut in lol.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:31 am

I third the no fringe look, maybe have it cut to just sit on shoulder length, choppy layers through and some coppery highlights through the top! Nothing that's going to take too much maintaining but something to brighten you up and be easy to "tousle" when you can't be bothered/don't have time for full on styling!??

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:52 am

dawnsmummy wrote:Wow, never seen a pic of you Lucie and you're so pretty :)

Aw, thank you. I have to say, I had to trawl through my facebook pictures to find a photo I'd be happy to show you, most of the pictures are hiddeous!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:41 pm

I agree the top pic is better than the bottom one but, you have amazing pretty eyes. I actually think a fringe would suit but one with more shape and not so heavy.

I always ask for a hair style that requires nor faffing of styling and layers, particularly around the face always help :D

Return to Forest Fashionistas