hf1

Which Wrap? & Fleece in the tropics?

My avatar
Sandytoes
Clothie
Clothie

Which Wrap? & Fleece in the tropics?

Postby Sandytoes » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:04 am

Hiya, I desperately need some swift advice. My 6 month old is petit born below the 2nd centile and though thriving is still wearing most of her 0-3 month clothes. I need a wrap to go over her Tots Bots Bamboozle size 1 nappies. I have been using the PUL wraps by the same folk but they aren't pliable and feel so rough on her delicate skin. Because of her size I do need to fasten quite firmly, the teenie fit chaffed her legs because of this :( .
I was considering Motherease but I have read that the airflow wrap isn't snug at the leg. She is slight, so I worry they might leak (sometimes she does with the easyfit).

Also has anyone tried fleece liners in a hot climate? I am worried they might be too hot, she really feels the heat, and it's "winter" now. I have a stash of flushables but I can't buy more here and ordering them is not an option.

I am hoping to order them on Monday for a swift delivery as I have someone who is visiting on Thursday and can bring them.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Which Wrap? & Fleece in the tropics?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 am

Where abouts do you live? We live in Houston and its already warm. My little girl is using fleece over her night nappy and is fine. I'm planning on using wool during the summer. You might want to try minky as a liner, we use that too and so far no problems with the heat.

FOr wraps my other little girl was TINY and i found nature's babies to be a really good wrap. They have great containment and cover a good range of sizes

Hope this helps

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 am

Hello and welcome to the Tree! :wave:

We happily use both fleece and minkee liners here - we're just coming out of a decent summer here in Sydney (hottest it got this year was 46c) and my son's never been bothered by either. We mainly use PUL wraps, as now he's 2 he has definite ideas about what he will and won't wear and wool is largely in the won't wear pile. :( The Nature Babies ones worked well for my daughter's skinny minnie legs when she was in nappies. With the gorilla, we use Wee Notions wraps as it's a pretty soft binding and they don't mark his legs. :)

My avatar
Sandytoes
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Sandytoes » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 am

Thank you both so much! :D I'm in the Bahamas so it's in the 80's. We get the odd "cold front" but it's pretty hot year round here. (I didn't bring any shoes here, only sandals).
I'll check out those wraps and liners you suggested. I am so intrigued about the wool I hadn't heard about that until this weekend, so many fantastic options!

LOL @ "gorilla", he sounds like my neice.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Another vote for nature babies wraps here too

My avatar
Sandytoes
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Sandytoes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:03 am

Thank you they look so lovely! I can't wait for them to arrive.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:54 am

Sorry just realised I posted on your hello thread to give a big thumbs up for cloth in hot climes!

Return to Wraps (pilchers)