hf1

Wool

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Wool

Postby ems101 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:18 am

James is starting to out pee his dosposable at nights and really, now that we have a good system of cloth nappies, I really have no excuse to try night cloth. I think id like him to wear wool at night, as it seems the most comfy and fool proof.

We'd use bamboozles or little lamb bamboos i think, so i guess wool would work over those?

Also if i was only using wool at night, would it work? I guess id have to wash them each day? would hand washing them work? How do you wash wool? how often do you need to re lanolin them?

TIA!

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Wool

Postby sim » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:38 am

Wool would work over those nappies but I'd say you'd need to boost those nappies overnight.

The wool wouldn't need washing each day - just airing. You only need to wash if it got a bit whiffy. I used to wash about once a week but I only had a few pairs of woollies with Ewan. I re lanolised every time I washed and I always hand washed but spun in the machine on about 600.

Hopefully someone with more recent experience will be along with better advice ;)

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:08 am

we used bamboozles with a hemp booster and wool longies for DD at night, we had 3 or 4 pairs and i would wash/ relanolise them all about once a month. I just had to remember to take them off before breakfast otherwise they would get covered in cereal and i would have to wash more often :roll: I used to hand wash them then leave them to lanolise in the sink overnight.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:06 am

That sounds very doable. I could have 3 pairs of wool shorts to go under a baby grow.... now who has some to sell??!

How do you lanolinise?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:59 am

What size are you after? I have some to sell. If you search on here there are loads of threads about wool care

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 am

im nore what size @Miss_Purple (nice to see you on here btw ;)

I think James is a bit smaller than Aubrey, but not much. How are they sized?

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:00 pm

You need to know rise and hip measurement, rise is from the top of the nappy at the back, down between the legs and up the front again, then I normally add an inch or two for growing room. Wool can be too big and still work, but too small is a no go.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:57 am

How long do those nappies last on the day? Wool can work with any nappy but it has to be able to last the night iykwim

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:21 am

I tend to change them 2-3 hrly but I have yet to have a leak...

James is so wakeful at night, he feeds 2-3 times so still wees alot. I guess it might be a suck it and see type mission

Next

Return to Wraps (pilchers)