hf1

Which wrap to use with NB little lambs?

My avatar
edgedem
Clothie
Clothie

Which wrap to use with NB little lambs?

Postby edgedem » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:00 am

I've managed to get some v v cheap little lambs for newborn to last my babba until he can go Into his cheaper printed pockets,

What to do need to go with these? I'm guessing nb size wraps? Anywhere do printed ones? Will they need inserts too? Thanks sorry still a total newbie!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Which wrap to use with NB little lambs?

Postby ems101 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:16 am

Nature babies do great value wraps. Do these ll have a booster sewn in? Is it just 7 you have? I'd get one wrap for 4 nappies. You might need fleece liners too. Do you know if these are bamboo, cotton or microfiber?

My avatar
edgedem
Clothie
Clothie

Postby edgedem » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:21 am

They are cotton ones but not sure if they have a sewn in booster, on way in the post so I'll have to see when they get here. I have these but planning to get more fitted new ones as I am definitely going to need some more. 1 wrap to 4 is v helpful. Must I use fleece lined? Or the wipe clean ones are much easier? I'd prefer those.

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:26 am

You can get fleece liners which are the layer next to baby's bum. They protect from the wet. Do you mean flushable liners? Not heard of wipe clean ones. I wouldn't bother with a new born as you don't need to flush their poo.

Before you buy more fitteds, I'd try a couple of pockets and some bamboo. I clothed two of mine from birth. One suited fitteds , one didn't!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:52 am

To be honest i wouldnt get NB wraps because these nappies are size 1 so i imagine the NB would not be a good fit, If it were me i would get little lamb size 1 wraps or fleece wraps or handmade wool pants .

I really loved my little lambs both mine wore them from birth :D

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:06 am

Ll fab, but quite bulky on nb, so echo that nb wrap won't fit over.

Do you mean wipe clean wrap? As in pul? Try rikkis or mother ease, bummis whisper. You could also try fleece wraps if you want bright patterns.
If your LO is tiny, try muslins in nb wrap

I didn't like pockets, but lots do.

For fleece liners, cut your own if on a budget, cheap (think primary or ikea) blankets are cheaper than buying fabric.

Do you have a local nappy library to work out what suits you?

My avatar
edgedem
Clothie
Clothie

Postby edgedem » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Thank you for all your replies, sorry I didn't make myself very clear, I've got bamboo liners! I meant pul wipe clean wraps, as apose to fleece lined wraps so I can swap the fitted but not wrap of it's clean enough to wipe clean. Thanks for the head up that they are bulky, I'll look for a couple of size 1s of small sized.

I've got these to try fitted, also got fitted NB pockets, some BTP pockets & some other bumgenius & fuzzi bums to try. Got a selection with disposables on back up :( so just going to hope to find a system that fits :) think we are due a 7 pounder at least but even if they don't last long I won't mind as v cheap :)

My avatar
cuppachaplz
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby cuppachaplz » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:06 pm

@edgedem, the fleece liners (or papery disposable ones) go against the skin, on top of the bamboo. They suck the wet through, so help to prevent rash and keep baby skin dry.
Wraps on the outside, usually pul (waterproof) or fleece/wool (allow evaporation). Both of these systems the wrap can stay on and the fitted I sued changed (unless poonami hits the wrap!)
The pul wraps with fleece inside are as you say stuffables, so the fleece sits against the skin and acts like the liner, drawing wet through to the insert. Hope this helps...

Return to Wraps (pilchers)