hf1

Cotton outer WN wraps

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Cotton outer WN wraps

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:55 pm

are these really reliable for a heavy wetter? I'm not having much luck with wraps at the mo, the one cotton wrap I have wicks despite having polyester gussets :( the few others I have tried haven't been right for one reason or another, so it keeps coming back to the WN as you guys are always raving about them, and they have such great fabric choices :D I might get one lycra and one cotton (love the tropics) but only if someone has a heavy wetter and says they are reliable, if not I'll just get the lycra one.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Cotton outer WN wraps

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:08 pm

There was a thread about this recently viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13826

I think it varies, some are fine with them (we never had a problem even in power wee-ing days) and others have...

To be more reliable I would go for the lycra one but perhaps you could look at a pre-loved cotton one to see if you get on with it before splashing out on a new one... You could always go for minkee or fleece or cuddlesoft too...

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks for the link Steph, I knew I'd seen it talked about recently :oops: My minkee WNOS wick terribly hence switching to fitteds, so wouldn't a minkee wrap do the same?
That link has me questioning what size to get now, thought I'd need large, DD is 20lbs waist 16" rise 17/18" (depending on nappy and boosting) thigh 10" think I'll shoot Suzanne an email.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:34 pm

Have you tried an ME airflow, or how about wool, you need something soon, 1 down 3 to go :wink:

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:45 pm

I do have wool soakers/bloomers which I predominatley use for nighttime but do use them in the day with babylegs, and I have the most beautiful pair of custom longies coming from Ali at Pixie Knits, I have a feeling I'll want more! :twisted:
I just wanted to have some PUL wraps to use out and about for something trimmer under clothes. I have ordered an Imse Vimse soft wrap (boring but apparently very functional) I love my Baby It's You wool flannel wrap and have another preloved one on the way, so hopefully I'll be set, just wanted something pretty, I'm all about the pretty :hohoho:
I also have the Swaddlebees Merino wool wrap but that isn't working out as I'd hoped :( but too thin and wimpy for my super soaker :roll:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:48 pm

How about a WN PUL wrap but with microfleece outer and a pretty embroidery!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:08 pm

flutterby wrote:How about a WN PUL wrap but with microfleece outer and a pretty embroidery!

Stop giving me ideas :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:36 pm

Kirstyh wrote:
flutterby wrote:How about a WN PUL wrap but with microfleece outer and a pretty embroidery!

Stop giving me ideas :hohoho: :hohoho:

It wasn't for you it was for Sandie as she needs something beautiful to cover the 4 FF that will be wizzing to her shortly!

Return to Wraps (pilchers)