hf1

Dyeing PUL wraps

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Dyeing PUL wraps

Postby Juli » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:57 am

Bessandra wrote:I'm thinking of dyeing some stuffables I've inherited as they are grey, as opposed to white...and maybe the inserts too (just to funk them up)...but the outside of the nappy is the waterproofy-type-stuff so do I need something specific, rather than machine dylon?

What's the inside made of? If it's cotton, and synthetic on the outside you'd need to use both a dye for natural fabric and one for synthetics at the same time, which is possible (according to the instructions in the dye packet).

I just wanted to add as well that there have been problems with dye bleeding onto other things during the wash from the wraps. I've washed them a few more times which hopefully will have solved the problem, but unfortunately the little polyester tag I put in with the wash to check if it was still bleeding dye disappeared :doh: so I can't check yet.

My avatar
mandyjuggler
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Dyeing PUL wraps

Postby mandyjuggler » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:30 pm

@Juli, any chance you're still about and have those pictures still? would love to see the results before I give it a go with some Motherease wraps! thanks Mandy

Previous

Return to Wraps (pilchers)